Found a good use for the old Vic #2 square jaws

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by 223Smitty, Jun 2, 2006.

1. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    lol....besides on drowners for mink :big_smile: . I found a dozen I forgot I had, so I baseplated 'em, swapped in some new (round) offset jaws, laminated them, new levers, musicwire springs, & tuned 'em. I've had guys hold coyote in 'em...and even want more of these traps. I'd be more apt to use them for fox, but we have few of those around here but lots of coyote.

Smitty

Before & After:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/223smitty/Traps%20for%20sale/IM001644.jpg

Here's one set:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/223smitty/Traps%20for%20sale/IM001643.jpg

2. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    as you can tell id be here lookin at your post. well i think you did a nice job but i dont think i would know how to do all of that modificaying on those traps. good luck with the season and ill try and get some otter, rats, and beaver and all sorts of critters this year!:tounge_out:

3. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Good idea. I have a half doz that I will not use due the square jaws. I never put much thought into what to do with them as I converted to BMI Wolfers a few years ago. I like the 4 coil and offset jaws. Have not lost a cat or yote since.

4. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Tony- Study hard in school, take some shop classes, graduate & get a good job....then buy alot of tools :big_smile: .

Michael- Alot of trappers say these are great mink traps, because of the weight & jawspread, so if you trap many mink, I'd use them there. I used some of the Wolfers (still have them), but thought they could have put better dogs on 'em....every coyote I catch will chew them off.....lol

I'm a Bridger fan :wink:

Smitty