Found a Creek

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by youngcatfisherman55, Jun 2, 2006.

1. youngcatfisherman55

youngcatfisherman55 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    My younger cousin and I found a creek back behind his house. There are points that look like really good spots to fish. We have seen bream in there but nothing else so far. We are going to attempt to fish it tomorrow and try to catch something. The deepest point of it has to be a good 15-20 feet deep, probably more. It is about a 30 minute hike down there and hopefully we will catch a big ole catfish:smile2:

2. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Sounds like a real nice creek. I'd fish them deep holes with some of that cut bream. If they've got some nice brush piles in them holes, I bet you'll come back with more than a few nice flatheads and channels. Rig with some thick line to pull some bruits out of the snags and you'll do great. Just keep on jumping from hole to hole with snags and you'll catch fish all day long. Good luck!

-Red

3. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Any points or deep holes might be good to fish. Good luck on fishing it and maybe you will catch a monster cat.

4. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    15-20 feet deep? I thought you said it was a creek. LOL

Good luck fishing there and have fun. Sounds like you've got a new favorite fishing hole in the making.

5. youngcatfisherman55

youngcatfisherman55 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    maybe I over exaggerated just a little.....lol

6. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    May not be too big an exaggeration. The river i fish you can cast across in some places and the average depth is less then 4 feet but there are places it goes down to 40 feet.