Found a cheap cleaner for the interior of the boat

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by steve_b124, Oct 23, 2009.

1. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I don't know about you guys, but the inside of my skiff was getting pretty nasty from cat slime, cat blood, etc. Luckily it is not carpeted, has splatter paint throughout. I have tried several cleaners and had a couple of trips to the car wash, but no good, it still looked gnarlly.

Tonight I sprayed it down with the generic brand chlorine bleach, lightly brushed it out and the hosed out completely. Man does it look great. All of the old slime is gone. I rinsed it for several minutes because I am afraid of what the bleach would do over time, but don't think it will hurt anything if you get it out pretty soon. I also made sure my sump was rinsed and dried out, it might damage pumps and hoses if left in there for long.

Bottom line, $2 worth of bleach kept me from hours of scrubbing. Now, time to slime her up again!

God Bless All,
    Steve

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Steve thanks for sharing the good tip.

3. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    Thanks for the tip Steve. And God Bless You and Your Family!

4. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    I don't know about using straight bleach,that could harm about anything it touches,blend it down with water to about 1 part bleach to 6 parts water and it would be alot safer. also need to watch where you drain that stuff to. Bleach is a great disinfectant,just remember it can hurt ya if you get any on your eyes etc,it'll allso break down any fabrics and cause then to fall apart.just a warning,this can and will damage your boat if applied without dilution. be safe