Fouche la Fave or Petit Jean Rivers

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by NIMROD, May 22, 2006.

1. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I live at Plainview , which is inbetween both rivers. I like to fish for Flatheads . Does anyone else fish for Flatheads on either river ?

2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well I fish the Petit Jean above and below Blue Mtn lake...We catch nice Blues and channels..Some of the guy's that trot line catch Flatties..haven't tried them on rod and reel..night fishing is the best..:big_smile:

3. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    If you ever need company catfishing ,I fish several days a week. Mostly at Nimrod . Ready for time to start baiting catfish holes there. I used to fish the Arkansas at Dardenelle.

4. 8898dan

8898dan New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Hey Junior
    I fish the Fourche Lafave a lot at Perryville and there are definitely some nice Flatheads in it. Ive never fished Petit Jean, But I know theyre in the Fourche. In fact, we ran some trotlines on it Sat. night and caught a 17# Flathead. I would have loved to catch him on a pole. I usually dont get real serious about pole fishing til after the spawn. Weve done reall good on that Fourch on trotlines and limblines. And if youve ever seen it, it just looks exactly what a Flathead River should look like. Trees fallen into the water, stumps, logjams in the bends. We only fish it when it is reasonably low, though because when it gets up, there are logs flying down it. Anyways, good luck and give us a report no matter which you choose.

5. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Thanks, I fish above Nimrod Lake often. Below the lake also for several miles too. I used to fish from the mouth upstream several miles , but never around Perryville. That area from the bridge on #10 looks fishy though .