Foster Parents!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Nov 26, 2008.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Oldest daughter just informed me that at 6PM this evening her and Hubby is going to begin a new life as Foster Parents. Sure glad it's them and not me. They are 2 brothers ages 7 and 3.

2. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    it is good to see people taking interest in the life of children that need a place to stay or a family life, I often thought about it but with the way our life is with work and commitments it would be more harm than good. Maybe when i retire i can get a young fishing partner.

3. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That's great. I would not have the patience to do another batch.

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I'm glad someone can do it. I am ready for the current batch to move out. Don't want any more.:angry:

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Me neither Skip.Thats the nice thing abour Grandkids.Spoilem and send them home.:smile2:

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    John? Is that yer X-Mas present? :wink:

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    From Her MOST LIKELY!!:roll_eyes:

8. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Wow am the 8th post and the first to say God Bless your kid's for doing such a GREAT THING ?????? Sad thing is it was posted during the THANKSGIVING weekend!!!!

9. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    John one thing I figure is that you must have raised her right to have that kinda of heart and yes God will take care of all who take care of his little angels

10. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My new granddaughter was a foster child, she was adopted after 2 years, this month, she is a sweet heart.

We were foster parents, and I can tell you some good stories and I can tell you some bad ones. But the one little boy who I will never forget was Mikey. He was my fishing buddy, we were living in Vancouver Washington, and me and him would grab the canoe and head to the lake, we caught so many trout, that when I left there I gave away about 50 to my next door neighbor. Mikey had his problems, none at home, he kept his room super clean, I use to mess with him, at night when I came in to say good night, he had all his little toys on the dresser, and I would pick one up look at it and move it around on the dresser. Next morning when I got him up for school the toy I moved would be in the exact place he had put it before I messed with it!

School was a different story for Mikey, he was in special ED, and when we first got Mikey, they would put him in time out in a room with nothing in it, when he acted up. That didnt last long..... When we first got Mikey, they would call my wife to come and pick him up, because they couldnt do anything with him. Now I can tell you my wife has patience, but it wears thin after awhile. The second time she had to go and pick up Mikey, she set him in the hall facing the wall and told him he could only get up to eat, drink and go to the bathroom, and gave him pens paper and books from school. Well the next day I was off, and I guess Mikey had told the teacher what my wife did......the teacher made his first mistake when he called the house....he told my wife that she should not have done that to Mikey! I will not use the exact words my wife told him, but she said, "Why are you telling me how to handle Mikey, when you cant even handle him at school?" His second mistake was when he decided to chime in again....she hung up on him and called the school principal. She never had to go and pick up Mikey from school again. Mikey quit having problems in school after that. I think it was the fact that someone actually cared enough to punish him for acting up in school, his grades improved, and the principal said he was a whole different kid in school.

But not all the kids we had were sucess stories.

11. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    well im glad thear is some good pepple to do this but as you guys know me and tina did this one time not long ago we feel in love with randy and it hert very much when we had to let him go so i cant do that any more just to hard on the hart

12. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.

That is the one big thing I worry about more than anything.Getting attached and then losing them.It's really a shame the way the court systems work sometimes.

13. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Letting them go sometimes is rough, especially knowing the background they are going back into. I had a friend him and his wife had over 200 kids in and out of their home, and then they got this little boy, he was about 3 years old and he was medically needy. Everyone loved him, who ever met him, when he went home, they gave it up after 20 years, they just couldnt do it anymore.