Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you know of any local/regional boat manufacturers that make forward console boats? I am looking at buying another one like what I had in the past that is up to 20 foot long. Here are the manufacturers I have found and a picture of what I am talking about below. I am wanting the stern custom built which many "retail" boat companies will not do. A rear deck or rear bench seat does not belong in a Catfish boat!

Stealthcraft (the Stealthweld already has the correct stern design with forward console, willing to do a prop build, 8 hours away from me)
James River Jet (6 hours away from me, waiting for a quote)
Weldbilt (what I had in the past, not sure if willing to remove back bench, their dealers want to sell me used boats)
Prodigy (expensive!)
River Road Jet boats (have yet to talk to, seem expensive?)

"Retail" brands:
SeaArk (claim to be custom, won't remove bench, I do have quote in progress, behind on orders)
Lowe (Pathfinder, stern deck a mile long, cant order any boats yet due to overload of orders)
Crestliner (same as Lowe with deck)
G3 (Same as Lowe with deck)

Wish I could find a no frills forward console boat without having to sell both my kidneys, liver, and my cat to buy. I am also in East Tennessee. The closer the better.

The PERFECT forward console boat for Catfishing:

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,056 Posts
Saw a custom boat builder from Illinois or Indiana a year or two ago. Mainly tunnel hulls and thick floors. Capt Brad Dorick uses a tunel and prop on Red River north. That river is tricky as 6 foot for two miles then 6 inches for half of river. After flooding you must go slow till you know it. Then the fallen submerged cottonwoods.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
there is a place in Michigan? I cant remember that has a ton of them outfitted with forward consoles. I would love to have one.

ok found it

Freeway Sports Center
Fenton Michigan

tons of beautiful Alweld boats

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there is a place in Michigan? I cant remember that has a ton of them outfitted with forward consoles. I would love to have one.

ok found it

Freeway Sports Center
Fenton Michigan

tons of beautiful Alweld boats
I have not seen any examples of forward console Alweld boats. They use that center console style like what is in Tracker boats. They do have a dealer near me I may try talking to. I think they could be considered a "retail" boat maker like Alumacraft.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
ok sorry Capt. Billy maybe that isnt the right place but I thought it was. I could swear last spring they had tons of aluminum boats with the consoles up front. Like crazy amounts of just hulls on trailers...much like Ducky's but it wasnt Ducky's.
anyhow my apologies if I stumble across it again I will post it.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Saw this one on youtube. Its 28 ft with the console way up front. It's a custom seaark made for a striper guide. I want one View attachment 323376 View attachment 323377
Yeah I made a video picking up that EXACT boat too haha! The SeaArks do have an annoying back bench. EDIT: lol the screenshots are my video... I should be in bed right now.

Video:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have u talked to those gatortrax guys? They build some nice boats and say they will build whatever u want!! Their knew aluminum bass boat looks pretty good.
I have not. They seem to be on par with Prodigy. A little on the expensive side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently got this g3 that has had a console added to the edge of the front deck. It's an 1860, it has a rear bench also but the rest of the boat is open. It is weird driving so far forward after growing up running bass boats and tiller steer boats.
PXL_20210321_200530061.jpg
PXL_20210310_221954474.jpg

·
Registered
516 Posts
Duckworth makes a fine boat, they're one of the best for running skinny water in the PNW

1 - 18 of 18 Posts