Fort Wayne catfish missing in action

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by shadow2791, May 14, 2008.

1. shadow2791

shadow2791 New Member

State:
    IN
    I HAVE NOT HAD MUCH LUCK YET THIS YEAR. BEEN FISHING 30 TIMES THIS YEAR ONLY CAUGHT 3 SMALL ONES.I HAVE USED CHICKENLIVER WITH & WITHOUT GARLIC,CRAWLERS,SHAD,DOUGHBALLS.I HAVE TRIED FISHING ALL THREE RIVERS HERE THE ST.MARYS,MAUMEE,& ST.JOE. NEVER WENT FISHING THIS EARLY IN THE YEAR. THESE BAITS WORKED WELL LAST YEAR . SHOULD I WAIT TILL IT GETS WARMER? ANY IDEAS?

2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Flatheads become more active after water temps get into the mid to upper
    50's. Blues and channel cats will hit most all year round. We have a few members in that area, I would suggest comparing notes or hooking up with them. Good luck

3. snaresman

snaresman New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have been to the Maumee twice and caught one drum and two 10 inch channels. Crawlers,cut bait and live shiners have not produced.

The river was high last Saturday and the was a ton of flotsam.

4. blazerjet

blazerjet New Member

State:
    indiana
    Cut gills have been producing here in INDY. Fish with shad the other day in the river channels were on a flat near a deep water eddy. Caught 6 on shad first fish i caught on shad. Ive caught 16 flat this year caught 4 last saturday all deep in 18.5 ft of water the river was flowing no hits on live gill only cut. Maybe this will help but im a little south of u