Fort mill dam fishing gone sour

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by daredevle, Sep 5, 2007.

1. daredevle

daredevle New Member

State:
    south carolina
    has anyone gone fishing at the fort mill dam i fished a week straight and never got a nibble ive used blugill and few shad thats another thing the shad are gone some one help me with some good news or somthing:angry::confused2:

2. dumpysinclair

dumpysinclair New Member

State:
    SC
    Chris,

Is that up where on one side there is what looks like a little campground or something (lots of trailers and a ramp). Then, on the other side is a dam and a rock wall, with a few buoys having "fish concentration area" on them? I'm still learning this lake. I was up there on Monday and didn't get any bites off of bream.

3. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I stopped by Monday evening just to see what was happening there. There was a guy there throwing a cast net and he caught 4 or 5 nice gizzard shad an several dozen good threadfins. The people there fishing from the bank had only caught one small catfish. There were some guys in a boat with only a trolling motor fishing around the steel walls of the dam. They only had throw lines - no rods, but should have caught fish where they were fishing. They were just lucky the game warden didn't show up while they were fishing so close to the dam.

4. stinkbaitguy

stinkbaitguy New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I was down there today and landed a little 4lber,but the past 3 or 4 times i didnt catch anything

5. daredevle

daredevle New Member

State:
    south carolina
    yes that is the one with the trailers you got it thanks for the info:wink:

6. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Now is a good time to get a big striper below the dam from the rockpile. Be very careful!!!