Fort Leonardwood Managed deer Hunt #77

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by SSG Johnson, Aug 16, 2005.

1. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Is anybody in Missouri going to sign up to hunt this managed hunt. Please let me know I have a place for you to stay. http://mdc.mo.gov/hunt/deer/deertuk/seven.htm
    If you want to sign up here is the link. It is a historic weapons hunt. I can also help you find a decent spot if you dont know the post. I also will help you butcher your deer or what ever you would like to do with it. If you want to hunt and dont want the deer I can take it for you or something. I have been seeing alot of HUGE TROPHY DEER on post this spring and summer. Please keep this quite as we would like to have them to hunt. :D
    Send me a PM if you have any questions.

2. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    How in the heck did i get this in here.....LMAO I think shawn moved it here.....

3. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    UM................Er............ OH, ssg WHAT IS THIS DOING IN THE HIGH INTESITY THREAD!!!!!!! Drop down and give me 50!
    :know-big:

4. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    ok dannny you got your 50 but it wasnt my fault I thought i put it under missouri thread :confused: Its hard for us old people to learn new tricks.

5. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I can confirm the fact that Fort Leonard Wood has big deer and plenty of them. At least I know that back in 63' there was a good population of big deer.

I was fortunate to have been sent there for basic training :crying:, and saw deer everywhere we hiked, marched,double timed, or trained.

Not meaning to sound really old, but we were the last company at that post to train with an M-1.

I'd take you up on your offer if I lived anywhere near there.

6. buzz crackstock

buzz crackstock New Member

State:
    Springfield, IL
    my dad was stationed there when he got back from vietnam. My brother was born there in '76. I remember my dad telling me about how many deer were there, and how they would occasionally take a jeep with a 60 mounted on it and have a little live fire training with the assistance of a few deer. Is this hunt open to non-residents?

7. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    yes it is open but you have to have a non res. tag.

8. roofermike

roofermike New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    SSG is this a special draw? I guess I will just have to follow the link.

Heads up fellas the drawing is closed to applicants. I just checked the link close Aug 15

9. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Yes the drawing is closed at this point if you registered you can find out if you where draw on 11 sept. 05.

10. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Fort Lost in the Woods,

Oh how the memories come back even after 16 yrs. That was the best 10 weeks of my life, I went from 249 lbs to 197 lbs. Pushed down the entire state atleast 10 inches and had the shit scared out of me by many deer on guard duty, them things walk way to quite. :p