Fort Gibson near wagnor

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by catfishinfordman, Mar 27, 2006.

1. catfishinfordman

catfishinfordman New Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, O
    Does anyone know of a good fishing spot from the bank on fort gibson lake or near the dam.

2. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK

Brad,

I use to fish below Ft. Gibson dam quite often while traveling for work. You can catch Stripers, Sandies, Blues and just about any other kind of fish. Learn what times of day they are running the turbines at and be there before they tun them on. You can catch all the sandies you want while they are generating. Shad are fairly easy to catch. Get about another 25 feet of rope to attach to your castnet and learn to toss it over the high dam walls. You can also walk down and castnet from shore but like Keystone be careful of all the rocks where you net will get hung up easy. The closer you can get your net to the wall in many cases the better you can catch them. Also if there not any water being realsed from the dam it's shallow enough to wade out there and fish just make sure not to go past the do not enter bouy's. The bouy line is in the water as opposed to Keystone where it's high up in the air. There's lot's of people when the water is flowing real hard will hook there boat up to the bouy then cast on up. When no water is being released you can wade out there just make sure to get out if the sirens start to blow.

3. catfishinfordman

catfishinfordman New Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, O
    thanks for the info cant wait to give it a try.

4. sem21

sem21 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I Just Went There A Week Ago And The Water Was Way Down. Thay Have Not Been Runing The Turbins For A While Now I Had To Leave And Go To Webber Falls. But When The Water Comes Up Theres Nothing Better Than Fort Gibsonon A Nice Night With The Turbins Running.