FORT GIBSON CATS

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by fisherman48, Aug 19, 2008.

1. fisherman48

fisherman48 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I am planning to do some night cat fishing at Fort Gibson lake this weekend. Does anyone have any recomendations as to where to fish on the lake.

2. Artic-z

Artic-z New Member

State:
    Bixby, OK
    for cats, iv always had pretty good luck on the north side of the lake,
    for sandies i fish down by the dam by the motel. we just troll back and forth at about 15 feet of water and catch sandies all day long. we caught about 3 big black bass, about 15" each and at about a 1-2lb's and some large mouth but threw them all back, we were just targeting sandies.

3. fisherman48

fisherman48 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    would you use chicken liver or just cut shad?

4. Blakemo

Blakemo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Bring both, It can never hurt to have options.

5. fisherman48

fisherman48 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    So has anyone been having any luck on Gibson. What kind of rig do you suggest I use. We will probably start out drifting then anchor down somewhere that looks good. Thanks for the help

6. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    We went two weeks ago below the dam, and did quite well. Ten blues and channels and 27 sandies. The sandies were a blast...we tied up to the cable and cast out amongst the sandies tearing up the shad on top. We used a casting float trailing a white streamer fly about 3 ft behind. The fly ran at the top of the water, and the sandies were all over it. Caught the cats on Danny King.
    There's a good ramp on the west side at the end of the campground.