Fort Cobb this weekend

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by jlingle, May 23, 2008.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I'll be at Cobb tonight and tomorrow if anybody is gonna be there fishing. We're gonna see if we can get into the blues. I've heard they ain't biting, which in my experience has been a pretty good deal.:wink: I don't know why, but we always seem to catch them better on that lake when they have a terrible fishing report.

2. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    I hope you do good! I'm not going to be at Ft. Cobb, but I might just have to get out fishing somewhere this weekend.

3. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Do any good????

:004:

4. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    That was the worst I've ever seen the fishing at Cobb. Unbelievably slow. I think we should've tried to catch croppie instead of cats. I'm sure the cats were biting somewhere, but we didn't find em.

5. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    The water is warming up to the spawning temp and the female channels have just begun to stage up in the creeks adjacent to the shallows. The males are choosing and guarding their favorite nest areas ready for the ladies to look over.

Almost all the action is going to be in the shallow water near brush, driftwood and cattails. The staging areas in the creeks will hold a few fish, but they won't be bitin very good.

The blues will be spread out cruisin thru the shallows hunting the shad schools. The flats will be in their ambush spots by night and who knows where by day.

In short, it's summer... The fishin aint as good as the wintertime, but they still can be caught if you look hard enough. They're still out there and still eating.