Fort Cobb Lake

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by WOOD18, Aug 25, 2006.

1. WOOD18

WOOD18 New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    Anyone Know About Fort Cobb Lake? Bunches Of People From Mangum Go There, But They All Run Jugs. How About Us That Fish From The Bank Where Are The Hot Spots?

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    My bro-in-law fishes off the dam. However, the lady at the state lodge said it is illegal to fish off the dam. Terrorists - you know. I can see them not wanting fishermen on the dam, as most would try to park their vehicles on the road and block traffic. But, if they wanted to walk half a mile with their tackle I'd see nothing wrong with that. Course my opinion don't matter.

3. shannonmac

shannonmac New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've caught many cats near the dam. There is a turn off before you go across the dam. Go to the end of the road toward the dam. I fish off the rocks near the corner of the dam and do pretty good. I love fishing Cobb but it is such a drive from OKC. Good Luck

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I started thinking after my previous post in this thread, so I fired an e-mail off to the State Department of Wildlife. Here is the original e-mail and the response.

Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 10:57 AM
    To: Ask Warden
    Subject: Fort Cobb Lake

I do not know where else to address this question, so I thought I would try the wardens. At any rate, the question is...Is it legal to fish off the Dam at Fort Cobb? I have been told that since 9/11, the thought of a terrorist activity on the dam required the fishing there to cease. Seems kinda far out, but strange things happen. Thanks.

The response -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

All dams have been restricted due to homeland security reasons. It is not as far out as you might think. A breached dam could case millions in damage and a huge loss of lives.

Capt. David Deckard
    Law Enforcement Division
    Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

So, I guess Osama has hit our fishing also.

Ft Cobb is really no futher to drive than anywhere else. It is 103 miles from my home to Kaw Dam, 93 miles to Keystone, appx 150 to Eufala, and 113 miles to Ft Cobb. Where else can I go?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    If anyone would like to set up a weekend to go to Cobb. I would enjoy meeting up for some fishing. If I remember right there are some decent campgrounds very close to the damm.

Dave

6. WOOD18

WOOD18 New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    I Can Only Get Off Tuesday And Wednesday But Would Love To See If Maybe We Could Hook Up And Hook Up On Some Fish.

7. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    Scheduling is not a problem for me. This week doesn't look so good for me but in 2-3 weeks it should be easier for me to get some time away from work.

Dave

8. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    But bray..... you mean.... you'd go fishing with another man???? Oh my gosh, this really raises some questions of trust with me. Have you been fishing with other partners? I mean.. if you'd be unfaithful this time, then I could only assume you've been unfaithful in the past.

I'm too upset to type.

:roll_eyes:

9. WOOD18

WOOD18 New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    Okccatman That Will Work We Will Stay In Touch And Get Together. Don't Let This Discussion Between Jerrod And I.
    Jerrod You Have Been Unfaithful To Me And I Didn't Even Get An Invite. But I Am The Bigger Person And Invite You Since You Have All Of Our Gear. Just Joking. Hey Tonight I Treed A Couple Of Coons Myself, And I Have Pictures To Prove It.

10. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    It's getting to be about that time for the BIG BLUES.

Lets get a day set up to fish guys....

Dave

11. WOOD18

WOOD18 New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    Ok, Let Me Check My Schedule For Next Week And We'll Get Back At You.

12. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Hey Awshucks, When I Lived S E Of Guthrie, I Use To See
    A Lot Of Big Cats Come Out Of Guthrie Lake.
    And Some Big Uns Come Out Of Cottonwood Creek.
    I Live N E Okla. Near Kansas, Okla. I'm Retiring And
    Moving Back To Okc Before Christmas.
    Im Really Looking Foward To Fishin Those Old
    Haunts.
    All Ive Done At Ft. Cobb Is Drift. And Had Real Good Luck

13. kut bait

kut bait New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I'm new to BOC so I just wade in. I have fished Fort Cobb a few times and you will have to drive around the lake to find the good points but there some spots that will produce good fish.

kut bait

14. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Welcome Jim. There is every type of fisherman known to inhabit earth on this site. Read every post and browse the library. You can and will spend hours and hours on the site.