Fort belvoir fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEW JERSEY TALK' started by tncatfishing, Dec 14, 2005.

1. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    I use to live their several years ago and was wondering if any one was fishing on post? Do they still stock the pond with trout? I sure wish I could go back their before they close the base down for good. I had a lot of fun when I lived their. As a kid I could trout and catfish in the pond on base, go out the back way and fish and crab the bay, go out the front and fish the big lake, the youth center on base was fun and just a rock throw from the pond, a whole lot of good memeories. Always wanted to go back their. Does anybody know what happens to a military base when they close it? Do they open it to the public or is it just sealed up and left alone? Sure do hate that they are closing it down. Like I said alot and I mean alot of good memories. Hopefully someone will write back. :crying: :confused:

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hopefully some of our military members can chime in on this one. Im sure we have some retiree's in that area.

They will come. ;)

3. retailredneck

retailredneck New Member

State:
    Richmond Va
    as for the base ,it is still open and allow hunting as well as fishing .strict on the rules and lots of MPS potrol the whole area.as long as you pay the fees and have proof of who you are it is fishable and huntable.a ton of security issues there and you have to go through searches before they let you enter because of 9/11 . as far as trout stocking goes I havent a clue .I go on base and put my boat in and catfish the old ship wrecks they sunk out there,I hope this helps,,,also they have a web site,I will post it when I get the correct address for you...

4. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Hve you ever had one of those days when you just put down the wrong place, I must have been sleepy yesterday is all I can say. What I should have put down is fort monmouth new jersey, sorry for the misinformation. I guess the reason I put the wrong one down is when we did travel with my dad the two places we went with him to were fort monmouth new jersey and fort belvoir virginia , again sorry about the mis info> :eek: :eek: