Forrest VS. Rampage Controversy???

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by kat in the hat, Jul 11, 2008.

What's your take?

1. Forrest made a difinative win.

2. Rampage made a difinative win.

3. I don't know how to score a fight.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    There have been some rumors and controversy stirring about the Forrest/Rampage fight. From Rampage won, and the judges threw the match to Forrest, to Rampage threw the fight to garner more interest in a rematch, and whatever else. I will say that I came to the same conclusion as the judges. I would give round 1 and 4 to Rampage. I'm sure alot of people lost their butts betting on Rampage, and are just mad about that. Forrest was a serious underdog coming into this fight statistically, but that don't mean squat.

Rampage said "This fight will not go to a decision." Well, it did, and Forrest won. If he didn't want Forrest to win, he shoulda found a way to finish him. He got beat in the same fashion that Chuck got beat by Jardine. He got out-struck. Forrest landed more strikes. Those leg kicks were killer, and neutralized Rampage's power. The way I see it, Forrest stuck to his game plan, made no mistakes, and won the fight due to more effective striking, and octagon control. It was his fight. He made Rampage fight his fight. I'm proud of Forrest. :cool2:

What do you think?

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    It was clearly a win by forest in my opinion. Rampage's leg will need some surgery I would guess

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    with the leg kicks i would give round one to forrest. but was close. he could barely stand on that leg time it was between round two. and with the almost choke with legs and the ground control forrest had i seen it as forrest clearly.

4. catfishbrett

catfishbrett New Member

State:
    Steubenville,Ohio
    forrest won a round ,jackson won a round.the the last 3 rounds were just about nothing,jackson landed a few combo's,forrest landed a few leg kicks. i think jackson should have kept it but it was toss up.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    guess we are going to have a good rematch

6. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Forrst just stuck to his strategy and out classed Rampage that night, i've never seen a match get thrown in the UFC yet and i have been watching for years...

7. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    The Bisping/Hammel fight was the only time that I disagreed with the judges, but it was a close fight. Any time a fight goes to the judges, anything could happen. I just didn't think the the Forrest/Rampage fight was all that close. Forrest was the aggressor imo.

8. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Forrest did a fine job.Well worth thr money for the pay-per-view.Forrest just outclassed Jackson.Too bad Rampage lost the belt on his birhtday,though.That had to hurt.

9. bull68dawg

bull68dawg New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Forrest was attacking the whole even when he was getting rocked by Rampage.You cant when on decission fighting backing up.That kick had that boy scared.

10. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Ah, this is killing me because I still haven't seen the fight . I thought that Rampage admitted to a defeat, maybe I'm wrong.

I wont cast my vote until I see the fight.

-Jim-

11. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    You should watch the fight again if
    you think Jackson won. No room for
    controversy here. Jackson said it
    himself, "He just kicked my ass".
    If he was man enough to admit it
    how could anyone debate it?

12. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Forrest wooped his butt, Rampage even said he did. Those guys dont throw any fights they know one thing and thats destroy the opponent.

13. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Its prolly just media hyping things up, that and $$ is a main factor. It will help on rematch commercialization.

Who is claming a dispute ?....I never did know that part.

-Jim-

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
  15. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    There are plenty of people whining that Forrest won. Even Rampage questioned the outcome in the post fight interview. In my opinion, it came down to a points game, which was really Forrest's best chance at winning. Forrest doesn't hit that hard, his jujitsu is so-so. Really, there are more talented fighters, BUT he is tough, has brains, and tons of heart. Rampage knocked him down, rocked him a few times, bloodied him up a bit, but it was all Forrest's fight. The decision was unanimous.

I was gonna post some links, but it's just as easy to google 'forrest vs. rampage controversy'. Tons of BS will come up.

16. catfishbrett

catfishbrett New Member

State:
    Steubenville,Ohio
    wonder if they are gonna give liddell a shot at forrest,make rampage fight liddell to see who gets the shot? and what about the so called best at 205 shogun? and where is wanderlei silva gonna fit in? the 205 has alot of drama.

17. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Both Forrest & Rampage went in with a game plan.

Rampage planned to knock Forrest out with a heavy hit or atleast knock him down where he could ground&pound him out. He got his heavy shots on Forrest but they didn't knock him out and when he did knock him down Forrest locked Rampage up where he couldn't do any damage. Rampage executed his plan and it didn't work.

Forrest planned to weaken Rampage with leg kicks and body blows. Taking away Rampage's power to throw those knock out blows. Point him to death , every time they locked up Forrest kept the knees & elbows moving, a constant berrage of lighter blows. Forrest tried to submit Rampage a couple times but to no avail. Rampage was to strong for that.

As I see it Forrest's plan worked & Rampage's didn't. Forrest controled most of the fight. In Rampage's words he got his a$$ kicked by Forrest.

18. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I have not watched it yet. I just got it downloaded but I dont think that any fights in the UFC have ever been thrown. If Rampage's leg needs surgery then there's no way it was a set up.

19. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    yep.i watched it for the first time yesterday on that mma link i posted. when rampage was on top he didnt do squat. when forrest was he layed 100's of light elbows to q's dome. i thought the unanimous dec was to the tee. correct.:wink:

rampage may have knocked him down with an upper cut but IMO the darn near choke by griffen eliminated that and with the points from those kicks. ya. forrest won IMO.

20. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    IF Chuck beats Rashad Evans, then he might have a shot at Rampage again. IF he beats Rampage, then he might get a shot at Forrest. At least that's the way I see it happening. Shogun already got beat by Forrest, so who knows how he plays in. I knda wish Anderson Silva would hang around 205 long enough to take a shot at the title. Yeah, there's alot going on in 205. Will be interesting to see how long Forrest can hang on to the title for sure.

I think that Forrest needs one title defense, and Rampage needs to win one fight to "earn" a shot at the title. That's just how I think though, and Dana probably has other thoughts.