Former Illinois Governor Ryan found guilty

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by SubnetZero, Apr 17, 2006.

1. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Haha!!!!!! Made my day seeing that Headline.. I hope he gets the Max sentance.

2. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    But what is he guilty of that wasn't nice not telling me all the story. LOL

3. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Ryan faces up to 20 years in prison for racketeering conspiracy charge alone, the most serious against him in the 22-count indictment. The jury found him guilty of all counts, including fraud, obstructing the
    Internal Revenue Service and lying to the
    FBI.

4. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Now that makes more sense. LOL

5. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    If they can hold off sentencing until a democrat is elected president, he stands a good chance of a pardon.

6. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    Ryan is a Republican!

7. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Cool, then he may not have to waite:p

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    They got the goods on him, but I would almost bet there is few of the other 49 with squeaky, clean hands. When you enter politics, dirt seems to gather and rub off pretty fast. Ever wonder why that guy carrying the lantern around looking for an honest man never went to the Halls Of Congress.

9. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    There was so much corruption in his office these charges are probably the tip of the Ice Berg.This is the guy that played a role in selling CDL lic to unqualified drivers (which cost the lives of an entire family). He was a horrible Gov. He doubled Lic Plate Fees his first few days in office to pay for his pet projects even though every person in the state was against it, Completely Emptied Death Row the last couple days of being in Office,and Basically sold the State Government to the highest bidder any chance he could just to name a few...

I was glad to see him go and even happier they busted him.

10. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    LOL...O dang hadnt heard about that, but that sounds like that could get quite interesting.

11. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    Maybe this will teach those guys in public office that crime doesn't pay.....then again maybe not.

12. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Truly a shame that a little power curupts and a lot of power curupts even more. And what does he answer.... "I been a public service for 30 thirty years" Hey man all it takes is being a crook once.

13. eogden

eogden New Member

State:
    Carlinville Illinois
    How long now before Baloneyvich & Mayor Daley are indited? It appears that the 4 collar counties intend to bankrupt the rest of the state through their corruption & greed.

I for one think that its time to suceed and form the great new state of "Southern Illinois. This new state would allow concealed carry as well as have a 2 term limit for any elected offical & lifetime pensions for politicians would not exist.

Upstate has thumbed its nose at downstate forever & now they are just flipping us off. We get the occasional "money" carrot dangled in front of our local representatives & senators noses in exchange for supporting legislation that heavily favors Chicago. Frank Watson from Greenville has fought this tooth & nail & what's the 1st thing our current guv did when he was elected? He tried to close the Vandalia prison which just by coincidence was in Watsons's district.
    I go to church with our senator & she has fallen into it hook line & sinker.
    Its time to push for a constitutional ammendment for term limits without a grandfather clause. If you've served 2 terms, you are going home!

:mad:
    Eric

14. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL

Heh, Former Gov. George Ryan has the richest pension of any retired Illinois governor, and he will keep collecting his $16,419 monthly checks until he is sentenced, perhaps in August.

Ryan's annual pension is $197,037, which is 74 percent greater than the retirement deal for former Gov. Jim Edgar.
    Ryan's pension is also 30 percent larger than Gov. Blagojevich's current salary of $150,691.

Ryan has collected $566,660 in pension benefits from the state since he left office in January 2003. He contributed $234,926 to the fund during his career.