Forgot to post this..warning.

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Chris Giff, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Chris Giff

Chris Giff New Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Ohio
    Was fishing a new spot in The Plains last night out on a sandbar. Saw a truck pull up about 300 yards down river from me, thought nothing of it. Next thing I knew I heard gunshots look up to see them shooting down river towards me into the water. Next thing I know something hits a leaf in front of me and I hear a FZZZZZZZZZ right passed my ear. They missed my head by about 2 feet..I hollered some choice words and they all yelled Holy crap and dove into the truck. Started to take off and the driver jumped out and yelled Sorry buddy and drove off..I couldn't see what the car looked like I have bad eyes and they were pretty far off.

I tried to keep fishing but in the back of my head I figured it was a sign I otta split hehe. So the only runs I got were in my shorts.

Just a warning if you fishing near the Plains..watch out for morons.
    Edit: was on Hamley Run Road just outside The Plains.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  2. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    Thank goodness the man upstairs was looking out for ya!

3. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    That was too close. Glad you made it away from there. I was once in a similar situation. I was hunting with a group of hunters. Some of them I didn't know. We split up but were careful to tell each other where we were headed. I had reached a big tree in the middle of a field and sat down. I was only there a few minutes when doe and buck came out below me about 100 yards. As they headed my way I heard a couple shots and a bullet struck the tree about 4 inches from me. I dove behind the tree and started yelling at the stupid bast*&% that had shot at me. He didn't show up where we had set up to meet at the end of the hunt. Good thing he didn't. a very scary feeling I know.

4. Chris Giff

Chris Giff New Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Ohio
    I just didn't understand what the heck they were doing..broad daylight and I was out on a sandbar..wasn't look'n like a deer or nothing..they musta had the same bad eyes as me haha.

5. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    glad you didnt get hit from these idiots

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well they said they were sorry :roll_eyes: lol
    These are the same kind of idiots that keep me out of the woods deer gun season.....:sad2:

7. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Me Too!

8. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    You were in God's pocket my friend. Wow!

9. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I bet alcohol was involved!

Thank God you are OK.

10. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Very lucky Chris. A bunch of morons out there with guns wanting to play around, that's for damned sure.

11. adamj

adamj New Member

State:
    buckeye land
    The same thing happened to me about 13 years ago while my dad and I were bass fishing. The only difference was the shooters were very far away. We would hear a string of shots and like 20 seconds later tumblers came in on both sides and in front of us hitting the water close enough to splash us with some as close as 5-6 feet. These rounds still had plenty of velocity on them. Probably idiots shooting at a bad backstop or none at all. TO ALL SHOOTERS--pay close attention to what is beyond what you are shooting at. I always think of this and this situation before I shoot.

12. Chris Giff

Chris Giff New Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Ohio
    yah they were using the river as a backstop I still can't figure out how you're shooting a pistol down a river and don't notice a guy sitting there in a bright blue chair with a bright yellow and white bucket on a sandbar. If I'm shooting like that (which I wouldn't be) I'd be look'n around the whole time and not speed shooting as fast as I could hehe.

13. Steph

Steph New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    That's scary, looks like ya had someone watching out for ya!!!

14. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I had the same thing happen on the scioto one night.

It was dark, but the people knew we were there as they stoped and talked to me.

They drove about 100 yds down river, and started shooting, sounded like a 22 auto rifle...The shots were whizing thru the trees around me...time to leave fast

15. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    It takes all kinds to make the world go around...but geez, cmon that's crazy. Glad you weren't hurt.