Forgiveness

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ace, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    This is for all my sisters and brother here on the BOC it just a copy and paste but I hope you all enjoy. Ace

A letter written to a man on death row by the Father of the man whom the man on death row had killed:

You are probably surprised that I, of all people, am writing a letter to you, but I ask you to read it in its entirety and consider its request seriously. As the Father of the man whom you took part in murdering, I have something very important to say to you.

I forgive you. With all my heart, I forgive you. I realize it may be hard for you to believe, but I really do. At your trial, when you confessed to your part in the events that cost my Son his life and asked for my forgiveness, I immediately granted you that forgiving love from my heart. I can only hope you believe me and will accept my forgiveness.

But this is not all I have to say to you. I want to make you an offer -- I want you to become my adopted child. You see, my Son who died was my only child, and I now want to share my life with you and leave my riches to you. This may not make sense to you or anyone else, but I believe you are worth the offer. I have arranged matters so that if you will receive my offer of forgiveness, not only will you be pardoned for your crime, but you also will be set free from your imprisonment, and your sentence of death will be dismissed. At that point, you will become my adopted child and heir to all my riches.

I realize this is a risky offer for me to make to you -- you might be tempted to reject my offer completely -- but I make it to you without reservation.

Also, I realize it may seem foolish to make such an offer to one who cost my Son his life, but I now have a great love and an unchangeable forgiveness in my heart for you.

Finally, you may be concerned that once you accept my offer you may do something to cause you to be denied your rights as an heir to my wealth. Nothing could be further from the truth. If I can forgive you for your part in my Son's death, I can forgive you for anything. I know you never will be perfect, but you do not have to be perfect to receive my offer. Besides, I believe that once you have accepted my offer and begin to experience the riches that will come to you from me, that your primary (though not always) response will be gratitude and loyalty.

Some would call me foolish for my offer to you, but I wish for you to call me your Father.

Sincerely,
    The Father of Jesus :worship:

:look_down:

:cat:

2. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Thats a good post, reps to you

3. guns sugar

guns sugar New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Ace.... my stepson died in prison in the hands of the prison guards beating him. This i know he is with our Lord for this son of my husbands brought several men there to God. For this i am grateful. I can forgive the guards for beating him and causing his untimely death. I know my husband will be able to when justice will be done but for me i know that those 3 men's families will suffer for what they have done. I pray for them all and hope in Gods wisdom the right thing will be done and peace will come to my husbands heart. Thanks again Ace for a wonderful reminder of God's awesome love for us all.

4. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Brother Ace,

Your posts are an inspiration to all that read them. You Sir, are a very caring individual and through your posts, I know you have touched many hearts, mine included.

It is a true joy to me to see a new post from you, as I know before I even click on it, that there's something special waiting for me there..

Thank you once again Brother...Great post...

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Thank you sir for the very touching post. You have a way of making an old mans eyes water up. I'd give you some Reps but got to spread it around some first. So I'll just say THANK YOU KIND SIR> GOD BLESS and STAY SAFE!!

6. FROG

FROG New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    ACE you have never cease to amaze me with your post keep it up brother there are more TEARS where those came from THANKS BROTHER

7. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    nice post brother. i'm going to rep you