Foreign drivers coming to Nascar

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by wolfman, Sep 9, 2007.

1. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    A few years back, Christian Fittipaldi tried cutting his teeth in the Nascar ranks and failed terribly. Juan Pablo Montoya has showed some success this year but has made several enemies on the track in the process. Now we have Dario Franchitti, Jacques Villenueve and possibly Patrick Carpentier as rookies coming in next season. Paul Tracy and Max Papis is trying to get their foot in the door also. Your thoughts for the future?

2. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    So long as they're good drivers and they run a clean race, this should be no problem.

-- Rich

3. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    That should be a requirement for anyone that wants to race in Nascar,whether their born in America or a foreign country! There's a lot of American born drivers competing in Nascar right now that don't meet the criteria that you have mentioned. I won't mention any names,but if you follow Nascar very close,you know who I'm talking about. I'll just leave it at that!

4. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Peronally I think they are drawn by the money and the fame.Formula 1 guys cant compete with the everyday face time the NASCAR drivers get.Most of them are only known in Europe.On the other hand they are race car drivers and have the same drive(Pardon the pun) that any driver has.CAN I win on that circuit.They arent any different than the home grown NASCAR guys that start out in midgets,trucks,go-carts etc etc.I watched TALLEDEGA NIGHTS last night and laughed my ass off at the send up the movie does of the foreign drivers.Frenchy was perfect!!!!!:smile2:They all might want to try NASCAR but it isnt easy getting a ride with the great teams.Lets see what they got!!!!

5. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I say bring em on. Bring on more DRIVERS. Not whine bags. Bring back some drivers who aren't afraid to put a bumper to someone.

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Great for the sport, great for the sponsors, great for NASCAR.

The traditional fan however, the one that works a 40 hour a week job to scrounge enough money to make it to one NASCAR race a year, will be left watching a sport that they barely recognize.

One day the oddity will not be a foreign driver with dashing good looks and a name that is hard to pronounce, but it will be a working class kid from a mill town that can drive the wheels off a car on the local dirt track on Friday night.

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Nascar is wondering why the TV ratings are down? Keep messing with the sport, bring in these foreign drivers, the C.O.T., take races away from traditional markets and move them to California and Vegas. Go ahead and alienate your real fans and wonder what happened later. I think I have watched parts of 5 races all year. It used to be religous to watch prerace, the entire race and then post race each and every Sunday. When there was a weekend without a race we where all bummed out. Now a days we almost don't even care anymore. Go ahead Nascar cater to your new audience cause this old one has had enough of your changes. :angry:

8. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    The new drivers dont bother me as much as the way they are changeing the cars. I hate the COT. Get back to what nascar is supposed to be. Cars that we all can drive on monday. The fans want to cheer for their driver and favorite make of car. Ford, Chevy, dodge. Not the COT. it sucks. JMHO

9. Repete

Repete New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Does anyone watch indy cars anymore. They ruined there fan base changing the sport and bringing in foreign soccer players. They no longer have the money to pay top dollar. So now they are coming over for the money. Ten years from now Brian France will get the bright idea to turn it in to leagues. Remember the I.R.L and C.A.R.T. fiasco it's gonna happen.

10. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    The last driver to leave the open wheel series, please turn out the lights. lol

11. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I'm the same way. I half heartedly have them playing on the radio at the barn. I sure dont watch them anymore except for a few tracks I watch just to see a bunch of tore up equipment and a bunch of pissed off drivers.:smile2: