ford ranger

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by catwhisper, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    i am looking for a good running ford ranger extended cab with 4.0 litre motor. prefer auto trans but standard ok. between 1996-2002. pm if you know anything.

2. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I have a 2000 XLT 4.0 4x4 automatic.
    You won't be disappointed if you get your hands on one.
    I put the hard tonneau cover on it, keeps the rods locked and water proof.

Blew the 3.0 FF engine when I first bought it, went big and got a brand new 4.0. Glad I did. Just make sure you switch out the synchro as soon you get one with a more heavy duty one. Several of the vulcan engines fail because of this part.

3. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    Thanks James, I have a 97 ranger now with a poor four and it still runs great and has 221000 miles on it. still on the full mark every time i change oil. i need more power to pull my pontoon to tourneys. i will remember the advice. Thanks again

4. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Get a real truck like a Chevy and you won't have those problems.:wink::wink::wink:

5. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    I drove Chevys for over 20 yrs. allways had great service out of them but never had one to run as good as this ranger with 221000 miles on it.

6. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    My story has been just the opposite. My last Chevy truck went 225,000 before I finally retired it on the farm. Haven't been so lucky with the Fords.

7. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    i would consider a chevy but the fords are cheaper! my moneys tight right now

8. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I prefer to take my Ford off road when and where I want without worrying about breaking something. :smile2: Every Chevy that goes on trails with us gets stuck, breaks something, pops something, etc ...

I'm virtually on stock suspension and I haven't broken a thing. And trust me, I beat the life out of my truck when we trail.

9. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I've always been a chevy guy, but went with a Ford ranger last time.
    It's not as nice a ride as a chevy but it gets the job done.

10. :0a14::0a14:

11. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    those 4 banger rangers just dont die. You might have good luck buying a ranger with a busted engine and putting the 4.0 in yourself. My buddy just bought a ranger without the motor and dropped a 5.0 in it. Think the total cost was 4 grand without considering the giant drag tires and suspension work.

12. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    I will put my ZR2 S-10 up against your Ford Ranger any day.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

13. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio

In the dirt? You're crazy brother. :smile2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.