Ford, Chevy, Dodge

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by Creteus, Jan 19, 2007.

Whats the best truck

1. Ford

2. Chevy

3. Dodge

4. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Ford Chevy Or Dodge.

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well you can look up dodge in the dictionary and that will take that one out. now chevy and ford. i got both so far, so good. the chevy rides better but i think the ford has got the power on low end. seems more like a work horse to me. heavy duty if you will. both of mine are diesels and i like the mpg better on the ford. chevy is cheaper but ford is tuffer.

3. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Loyal to Chevy myself, got a small S10 but she is a beast.

4. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I'm a Ford fella, but it's only because of my low expectations of life. I feel really lucky if I get 150 thousand out of a vehicle before major trouble. Now a Chevy guy he'll be suicidal if he can't get 300 thousand out of "ole blue" or "ole yeller", etc. A Dodge guy buys a new one every other year.
    Don't care. See an ole Dodge smoking along, give that poor fella the right of way, he needs all the help he can get......he's just flat down on his luck.
    :wink:

5. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    Ford, enough said but I have owned them all at one time or another.

6. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Its all a matter of opinion.
    Everybodys got one.
    I like the ones that crank and go when you step on the gas!:smile2:

7. pokerkat

pokerkat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    is we are talking about trucks, which I think we are, I would go with the Ford F250, Toyota T100, or Nissan Titan, they are my favorites, SUV's would be the Ford Explorer, Chevy S-10 Blazer 4x4 and Isuzu Rodeo 4x4.

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Tried to post awhile back but the puter froze so im back
    I have uwned both chevy and ford never saw a reason to buy an ugly truck so no dodge for me but id rather walk than drive a chevy cause the one i had left me strandrd more than any other ive ever owned one chevy was enough for me i love my FORD

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I voted Ford for I've mostly owned F-150's but also owned a Dodge Dakota that was an excellent little truck. Right now have a Chevy Avalanche and never owned anything that come as close when it comes to comfort. :smile2:

10. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Best truck I ever had was a 51 Ford with the flathead V8.

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I own both a Chev and Ford but my vote was for the Ford.

12. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I've owned a 89 chevy 3500 that was a complete failure. Now I own a 2003 gmc 5500 that has been in the shop 5 times in the past 2 months. I've owned a 85 f-350, sold it at 290000 miles still running, a 92 f-350 460ci with 220000 on the original engine didn't burn any oil. Only one radiator, drag links, and a clutch. Got a 2002 F-350 ps sitting on the driveway with 147000 miles on it and it still pulls 13k with no problems. Chevy:0a37: . Keep closing your factories:lol: :lol: :lol:

13. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    I have had all three and loved all three of them so far so I dont really know what to say. Now if you could get a truck with the power of a dodge the suspension of a chevy and the gas consumtion and price of ford that would be the best truck ever built.

14. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Jeep. Has been the best since the Willys and remains the best today.

15. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    My last 5 trucks have been Fords, they have all been good rides, can't complain. My brother is a Chevy man, he's had good luck with Chevys as well.

16. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    fords has had some problems and so has chevy after being a mech iv found chevy are the easyest to fix have the cheepest parts fords parts are outrages ill just stick to chevy im driving an s10 with 220000 miles on it right now

17. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    hmmm...kinda a tough one there...I've found foreign trucks last, by far the longest....:crazy: I mean, don't get me wrong... I'm as American as it gets...but you just can't beat the liability of a toyota or nissan truck... But, if you're talkin' power and torque...it'd have to be...uhhh...idk...not foreign...hah. But, then if you're talkin' diesel, (without a doubt in my mind) dodge. Transmissions ain't always been the best, I gotta mark 'em down for that, but it still out-does ford and chevy imo. I'd assume your question is referring to just plain old gas trucks, so my vote is "other"...just don't judge me..lol

-Red

18. malaki

malaki New Member

State:
    Redmon Illinois
    mopar all the way!!!:big_smile:

19. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Whichever one keeps me from having to use my feet or taking the bus!:big_smile:

20. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    FORD...FORD...FORD....

Nuff Said:wink: