Ford CD Changer

Discussion in 'Other Repairs' started by JDWILLIS39, Sep 25, 2009.

1. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    How do you get the 6 CD changer out of the dash on a ford F-350 crew cab 4x4 dully. Any help would be appreciated. Is there some trick to it.

2. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    what year is the truck???

3. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Takes a special set of "keys" that any audio shop will have and I think you may be able to get them and walmart or radio shack. Just push em in til they click and dont go in any farther. pull them from the center outward and give it a gentle pull and she will slide right out.:wink: If you have any trouble pm me your number and ill give you a call.

4. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Truck is 2003.
    boombalaty thanks I will get set of keys tomorrow and see how it goes from there. Thanks again.

5. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj

yup hes right. Harbor freight also sells a whole kit of the keys for all different makes and models:cool2:

6. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    I will check out harbor freight my wife says I have a compete store so I just need check inventory :tounge_out: Thanks guys. I looked Internet first found two places that wanted to charge me to give me the answer. Thanks

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    John these tools will look like tiny horseshoes with a ball type tip. I have a 2001 Ford Ranger with the same CD Changer. It went bad and I went to a Best Buy Store and they removed it for nothing. Took about three minutes from start to finish. Good luck.

8. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    More help first some info man at Radio Shack says they do not carry any of that kind stuff any more but Best Buy had the tools. clerk did not know about them but they were there when we looked. But tools worked like charm slid right out.

BUT how do you get antenna lead out of back of it. I have pulled pretty hard and cannot see a latch ?some kind of trick? It seems have CD stuck and easy way to get them out. It says no CD and then CD ERROR.

Thanks for all the help guys.

9. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Not sure about the antennae removal but my 2006 f150 done the same thing, ate the disc and kept showing cd error.I kept powering it off and clicking the eject button after about five minutes it gave it up.Haven't had the problem since.

10. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    grab a pair of pliers and give it a tug. worst case you might have to rewire the antenna cable if you cant grab from a good spot. I would reccomend getting a new aftermarket stereo without the cd changer and adding an external changer that goes off a radio frequency. First off It will save you some loot and you can buy an off brand cd changer and it will work just fine. Mine is a walmart special and has lasted 4 years and counting. You might need a professional install with the stereo but its worth it. Also when changing to an aftermarket head unit be careful by checking how many watts your stock speakers can handle, cause aftermarket radios usually have more power. Whenever I have a stock radio go bad I usually take the time to change out all the speakers as well for better sound. If your interested in any of this PM me and I can help ya with all sorts of car audio needs

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Not sure about any antenna clip. He took a pair of pliers and turned the plug in from left to right and pulled it out. They were able to remove the CD but the changer stuck again on the next CD. Removed again and replaced with another Best Buy Unit, Single changer/Radio. No more problems. Best Buy will treat you right.

12. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Got it apart. thanks guys for all help. See if can get thing back to working now but the CD rack/holder is out of sequence does not look good.
    Thanks again.