For you Slikk03

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by MrFlathead, Aug 4, 2008.

1. MrFlathead

MrFlathead New Member

State:
    Il
    This is for you Cousin LOL. These here are the SISSY Maryland Flatheads

Attached Files:

2. MrFlathead

MrFlathead New Member

State:
    Il
    More fer you

Attached Files:

3. MrFlathead

MrFlathead New Member

State:
    Il
    More for your viewing pleasure Willy!

Attached Files:

4. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Nice fish and pics Zach! The pic with the two little fellers is sure cute, the one poor fellow seems to really be struggling to hold those PBs up :smile2:

5. MrFlathead

MrFlathead New Member

State:
    Il
    Every time I catch fish the wife wants pictures of the boys with them so I make sure they are good ones. I recently left Alaska and there were no catfish up there. I had to catch Salmon for 3 years and do some deep sea fishing for halibut, lingcod and rockfish which was an opertunity that I am glad I took advantage of. Caught Several 60lb King Salmon and 100lb Halibut but there is something about the catfish that just keeps me coming back for more. Every time I caught a trout in Alaska I was like "man... wonder if this would be good bait for a flathead" they just remind me of a big minnow. I sure am glad to be back in the lower 48 though and much to my suprise there are a few decent spots you can bank fish in Maryland and catch catfish and my fav flatheads. There are some big blues here and some decent channels but the Flatheads are still a little small due to the fact that they have just been introduced to these parts and let me tell a there are a crap ton of little ones. By little I mean 5-15lb range. I go to a place called Conowingo Dam and use a 12ft rod to cast out about 200 yards, I use a jig and a 4oz weight during the day and catch stripers up to 30lb and the biggest flathead on the same rig thus far has been 27lbs. Here is the thing that pisses me off though being from a place that flatheads are widely sought after, Maryland DNR considers the flathead an invasive species and they tell anglers to kill them or eat them JUST NOT TO LET THEM GO! So i go there for the first time and watch a guy cut the gills out on both sides and release it to die. I wanted to cut him. I went down to them and said if they didnt want them then i would gladly take them to eat and the first day there i came home with a dozen flatheads ranging from 5-17lbs and I didnt catcha a 1 LOL. I was geared wrong and wasnt able to cast out to where i needed without a surf rod. The dam is like a mile wide and a hydroelectric dam that opens almost every single day. Uh Oh kids getting into trouble go to go.

6. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Maryland DNR better wake up!! I sure do understand how seeing flatheads treated like garbage would make ya steaming mad. Hope someone educates them on just what they are destroying. I may even visit their web site just to email them and let them know what a fantastic fish they actually have with the flathead.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Zach thanks for sharing the pics of your fishing trip. Nice fish with lots of smiles.

8. MrFlathead

MrFlathead New Member

State:
    Il
    Yeah those are Largemouth Bass Zachary is holding, i didnt weight them but id say they were around 5-6lb atleast.

9. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    ill try and send some pics of mine

10. MrFlathead

MrFlathead New Member

State:
    Il
    Its about gosh darned time there slikk, this message was titled for you and it took 3 days to reply back to it. The big one on my profile is a King Salmon it was like 60lbs or so I cant remember if that was the big one or not. I caught several 50 pounders and 1 73 pounder but i have so many pics of them i cant tell which is which anymore.

11. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    noew lets see a flat or blue that size,them flatheads you have on that tailgate upper lip is longer than most flatheads are them hybrids , thats strange flatheads botom lip sticks out or are them channel

12. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    nice job on them fish ya got there brother.

13. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Nice haul there :big_smile:

14. MrFlathead

MrFlathead New Member

State:
    Il
    The fish on the tailgate are channels LOL

15. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    thats some weird looking channels,i couldent tell,hey mr flathead i got a boat

16. MrFlathead

MrFlathead New Member

State:
    Il
    Hurry up and call me i cant find your phone number. I work nights tonight so if you call after i am gone have kimberly give you my work # if she answers.

17. MrFlathead

MrFlathead New Member

State:
    Il
    Hey, call me at work. Id send you a personel tell but I cant due to the fact that ive not made 10 or more posts or something weird.

18. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    im ready for the blues this fall

19. MrFlathead

MrFlathead New Member

State:
    Il
    Tell me how this sounds......

I am going jigging for Flatheads tomorrow wish me luck

20. MrFlathead

MrFlathead New Member

State:
    Il
    What the heck!!!! I did not realize that Lake Sangchris was so close to our house. Why didnt you tell me it was no further than Lake Shelbyville? I was under the influence that it was up north like by chicago or something. I so am kicking myself in the arse right now for not going there with you when I was on leave this last time. Why have we never fished that place it is so close, I had never even really heard about it till this last time i was back home. Is that the one with that hot creek or something or is that a different one?