For You, Foxhound

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by blackwaterkatz, Mar 22, 2007.

1. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Here's the baldy you mentioned the other day???
    How about the weird dude with the bones? Bet his neighbor doesn't bother him much....:crazy:

Attached Files:

2. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    One more of the bones. Weird...

Attached Files:

3. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Tommy I have seen those bones a few times do you know anything about them?

4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Tommy no offence but that's not a Bald Eagle, its a Osprey. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure I'm right. Unless its very very very young Baldy it shouldn't have no while near that much white on it. Osprey nest very heavy on both Santee lakes.

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Ok I'm sure its not after a second look. The black streek across the head confirms its not an baldy.

6. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Tommy
    That is a Osprey in your picture......here are the ones of the nesting Bald Ealges at marker 159. Also throwed in one of the bridge being blown up. So much for posting the pix Tommy.....I e-mailed them to you:angry:

7. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Naw, I was picking on you, Ken; I thought you had said 155. I bypassed 159 cause I was out in the timber then downloading some receivers. Sorry about that, I thought I had gotten one on ya. When I go back up there I'll check the right marker. I had deleted that earlier pm. There's osprey's everywhere up there, seems like.
    I got your email, this morning btw. Would you like for me to resize those pics for the BOC and zip them back to you?

8. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i think them bones is where they filmed that movie pet cem. those bones have been there for years too. i think thats on hwy 267 i believe right? little cross over from the cong. river to the town of santee.

9. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    You got it, Michael. I'd like to know the story behind them, though. :wink:
    BTW, here is a pic of the real eagle that Foxhound took. Hope ya don't mind, Ken.

Attached Files:

10. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Sheeesh,some of my best fishing buddies cant tell an Osprey from an Eagle!!!!:lol: :eek:oooh: Are you sure those are catfish you keep telling me you caught and not carp!!!OK the old eyes arent what they used to be,I can relate to that.Did they drop the bridge into the canal because if they did, that is going to be PRIME fish structure!!:smile2: Finally got Jon of to Iraq last week and I am going skiing next week so hope to be back on the water by mid April.:big_smile:

11. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Thanks Tommy.......Ill try it again. I cant wait to get the 35mm images developed with the zoom, they should be good. Jim, they did blast all that bridge girder down in the water and it should be hot habitat this summer !!

Attached Files:

12. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Well then I guess it is our sworn duty to get down there and fish that new structure.One thing for sure it shouldn't be hard to anchor there!!!!!:big_smile: :smile2: Getting the anchor BACK might be a good trick though.SO OK lets follow thru on our plan to rent the multi-room cabin and have a fish fry,fish trip, get together.Particularly since we know you got plenty of fish from the demolition!!!:smile2: :big_smile:

13. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    It oughta be getting good by then, Jim. Come on down. I've been too busy to even go lately, planning for tomorrow though. I didn't know Jon was going over, keep us updated. :big_smile:

Great pics, Foxhound! Now we know your secret recipe. I don't see no stinkin' DNR guys holding you back. :lol:

14. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Ken, Thanks for the picture, The Bald Eagle is a beautiful bird.

Thanks Tommy for posting it for BOC.

15. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Dynamite........dip net ........and a cold beer.....if thats not the ticket I cant call it guys !!!!!!!!!

16. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I caught this eagle on a log one day last week near the blowout on Lake Marion. Couldn't get close enough for the colors to show up well; had to use full zoom to get this, and it flew right after I snapped the pic. I see quite a few eagles, but I don't recall ever seeing one sitting on a log with a turtle before.

Attached Files: