For the first time in my lifetime..................

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, Dec 8, 2009.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The local TV station posted a blizzard warning for my County on Yahoo. They are predicting snow and blowing snow tonight all night until noon Wednesday. Temp will be below zero. They are telling people it is too dangerous to travel and if travel is mandatory to please take along a Winter Travel Kit. If folks get stranded they are to stay with their car as they have a better chance of being rescued. I'm all bundled in with no plans of going anywhere. Ya all have a good evening and God Bless.:crazy::crazy:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    well I hope that the forcast is wrong and you all don't get snowed in!

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Stay safe Pat. That definitely doesn't sound good. Weren't you all hit by an ice storm last year? Double whammy. I think it is going north of us by several miles. More toward Chicago.

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Mickey we were hit with the icestorm December 6TH 2007. Yes we just found out that our local interstate is completely snow and ice covered,with more snow coming down. Hope we don't lose power,good gravy!!:crazy::crazy:

5. Steph

Steph New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    i love winter storms like that :)
    i still hope everyone keeps safe and tries not to go drive in it.. till it's done at least.. i have fun driving in that after it's done.. of course with no one by me :smile2:

6. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    You guys have all the fun up there Pat! Keep warm and be safe.

7. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Pat ,, our roads have ice and sleet on them at least 2 inches deep,,,I just was out in it,,,Mazda slips and slides on them good.

8. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    not me i hate it i drive a gasoline tanker i dont want to slide around in it could be dangerous with 8600 gallons of gas on my back

9. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Pat yall be carefull up there:sad2:

10. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Hope all is well with you PK.

11. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    QUICK, GRAB YOUR SNOW CAMO AND HUNTIN RIFLE!

12. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I love snow ! if its on the top of mountains and i'm nowhere close to it . Brrrr stay safe.

13. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Waitin for you to check in Pat. Lot worse up your way. I29 shut down N of St Joe. We only got a couple of inches here. Hope all is well!!

14. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Pat try tp stay warm and healthy

15. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well we woke up this morning to the sun shining,BUT,we have our interstate closed from the Iowa line down to St Joesph Missouri. This is all a first for me. I have 3 foot snow drifts in my back yard and the wind is whipping like crazy. My sister said she can only open her front door 6 inches due to the weather. Were all tucked in and waiting for it to settle down.Our Current temp is a cool 7* with a windchill of 9 below.:crazy:

16. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Pat, you just grab you a cup of that hot cocoa and add some of those little marshmellows in it, and turn up the heat. That is the way I like to spend those days.....