For Sale - Vintage Penn 9

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by Relocated-Yankee, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relocated-Yankee

Relocated-Yankee New Member

State:
    Goldsboro
    Levelwind, Rated at 275 yds 15 mono, Penn HT-100 drag

This reel has been stripped down and cleaned inside and out. All working parts have been Super-Lubed. The sideplates are maroon with no chips or cracks. The chrome shows some wear, but not much. There are no damaged parts on this reel. Every last piece is made and assembled in the USA. The drag is a little tight due to new drag washers. She is ready to be spooled up and go fishing, or put on a shelf for display. Either way it's an American classic.

Asking $35. for the reel and $6 for shipping. I prefer PayPal.

PM me with any questions.

First person to post "I'll take it", gets it.

Thanks for lookin,

Scott

Attached Files:

2. Relocated-Yankee

State:
    Goldsboro
    Bump

3. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Scott, thinking about it. If you still have it before too long I may look at getting it. Poisonpits sees it and you problably will have it sold. He is a big Penn fan and is Penn broke.:smile2:

4. Relocated-Yankee

State:
    Goldsboro
    I'm beginning to wonder if everyone's gone to Sweden!! I thought there would be more Penn fans at least looking! :confused2:

5. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    hows the clicker on that thing?

6. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    got one just like yours, very good reel

7. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Scott, those Penns are great reels. I have, and have had them for over 30+ years. The extra pawl "holders" have come in handy too. I have a couple of 209's, a LH 209, a 309, a few #9's. Anyone wants or needs a dependable level wind, these are great. I mostly use mine for drift fishing, but, with some practice, they'll cast pretty good too. Just don't enter a distance casting contest with one:smile2:
    One little bit of advice, if someone say's it's "old, vintage, etc." and it doesn't have a handle similar to the one pictured, IT AIN'T, the newer models have a "rubber/vinyl(?)" handle, and don't have the extra pawl holder on the side off the handle side.

8. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I have some interest, no money right now. Good reel, in better shape than the one I got. I might be able later.

9. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Scott, they have great clickers, you can be dozing, get a good bite, it'll wake you up:smile2:

10. Relocated-Yankee

State:
    Goldsboro
    Strong and loud. This reel may be old, but she's got low mileage! :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.