For Old car buffs!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by CAT ADDICT, Nov 22, 2006.

1. CAT ADDICT

CAT ADDICT New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My other passion is cars and thought this site might bring back some old memories for some of you. Check this site out @ www.carsinbarns.com and by the way if anyone has an old car 30's - 50's car in there possesion and are wanting to get rid of dirt cheap please let me know I will come get it. I am wanting to build an ol'school rat rod with my son.

2. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Thanks for posting the site I really want a 1969 Shelbygt500 as I think it would be cool to have a car that has my name plus they will never lose there value.

3. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
  4. CAT ADDICT

CAT ADDICT New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am more of a FORD fan but that is one sweet ride. Who did the artwork on the hood? That is great! Thanks for sharing. We are putting together an 85 T-top Mustang with a 429 and a powerglide for the strip.

5. CAT ADDICT

CAT ADDICT New Member

State:
    Ohio
    One of the Best cars ever. I am a BIG Mustang fan as you may have read in my previous post. I also have 90 lx built a little. but I am on a Rat Rod kick right now and would love to find an old one to get into.

6. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    great site ... I'm a hemi cuda fan

7. CAT ADDICT

CAT ADDICT New Member

State:
    Ohio
  8. CAT ADDICT

CAT ADDICT New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Gotta love the hemi. Changed alot for the automobile. Cuda's are tough!

9. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    any of you guys got a 71 convertible cuda laying aorund collecting dust ... let me know, I'll come get it for free. :big_smile:

The headline below has a misprint, if you read the first paragraph this one did not sale for .1 million, but 4.1 million.
    http://vintagecars.about.com/od/historygreatmoments/ss/hemicuda_rw.htm

what a sweet looking beast this is
    http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/featuredvehicles/1970_plymouth_hemi_barracuda/photo_01.html

ok, I better stop this. I'll be "shopping" before you know it. LOL
    I spent 7 years working in an automotive machine while going to school. Built some motors for some of these classic brutes. My toy was a Chevelle, put 427 in it, the good ole college days.

10. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    ok, i've stayed away from this one long enough.....being 51 years of age, i have had my hands, feet, and butt in many cars that would now be desirable...owned some of them, and drove many of my friends cars....more than one of them would sell for enough to allow me to retire today:roll_eyes:

1968 javelin 343CID 4spd...no power, no air - just a factory hotrod..i ran this car .026 seconds off the factory 1/4 mile record for its class (held by a mustang)
    1971 javelin AMX 401 burned valve...yet would still light up the tires
    1969 boss 429 mustang - buddies car....wild ride....showroom condition...this thing would scare a brave man

1969 mustang fastback, 4spd a/c 302 cid...i liked this one - great fun car and lots of reliability

1969 mustang fastback...351w, 4spd..factory hotrod...suspension package..this was my brothers car - i almost killed me and a friend while i was demonstrating it's handling prowess...but thankfully it did what i asked it to

1967 fairlane, 2dr sedan...390 cid - again my brothers car - he hopped this one up...a big block rocket

1955 chevy 2dr sedan...power windows...another of my brothers rides...327cid, 13.5:1 popup slugs.....this thing would scream

1969 roadrunner...383cid 4spd, headers, crower cam, 4.13 gears...my car - it beat my '68 javelin and missed a shift in the race....for a heavy car this one would put you back in the seat

1963 valiant...273cid 4spd....no power, no air...unique little car - i rebuilt the motor in this one....this 4 bbl small block would wind tighter than a 2 dollar watch..my most favorite mopar i owned...got rid of it 'cause it needed a heater core and i didn't want to pull the dash...stupid kid, i certainly was...blew the doors off a bad buick skylark GS 350cid with this darling...

1957 chevy fleetside....i put a cadillac motor and trans out of a '62 deville, i think it was, in this one....interior out of a '63 chevy(bucket seats, console) too....biggest project as a youngster, and my favorite pickup....

1948 ford pickup....had an old chrysler hemi - don't remember the displacement...my brothers truck....needed shocks, brakes, and steering overhaul.....way too much motor for this thing....real head-turner

several others i may talk about later.....

11. CAT ADDICT

CAT ADDICT New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good Lord! That is a tone of cars Phil. I am a jealous man right now. Thanks for sharing but I need to clean the drool from my keyboard now lol!

12. CAT ADDICT

CAT ADDICT New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Owning one of them is better than having a 401K!!!