? for arkansas catfishermen and women

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by poisonpits, Apr 14, 2007.

1. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    where do all of you go to post messages about arkansas fishing.i know theres as many people fishing ar.as la.and their site is full day and nite.are we to busy fishing to tell everybody about it.i want to see stories and pictures about you not thank all these other sites for their tales.pleas come home.

2. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Skipjack have been hitting below Murray L&D pretty good, and a few white bass and catfish.

4. Shep

Shep New Member

State:
    Lamar Arkansas
    We here also but lately all there is to talk about is the wind rain snow and freezing weather it has to get better if it warms up this afternoon i'm going over to scranton bridge and look for shad. Shep

5. Shep

Shep New Member

State:
    Lamar Arkansas
    Linda Faye and I just got back from scranton bridge and we are empty handed still to cold for the shad another week or so they should be in there. Shep

6. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Shep there ain't no shad over there at all.:angry: Soon as the big shad finish spawning and there off spring grow we will see some:smile2: The water temp was 52degrees yesterday starting off and was 55 by the end of the day. We were running 10 noodles and fishing with 4 rods apiece and ended up with 5 fish:confused2: Talked to several at the river ramp and they had 0-1 fish between them. Fish had lockjaw:lol: It is this crazy weather 2 weeks ago the water temp was 68 degrees and now 52 soon as the weather stabilizes a little bit we will get e'm.

7. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    I have had terrible luck last couple of weeks, before that things were going pretty good. last 5 or 6 trips it has been 0,1, or two on a good day. I thought maybe the fish were all in shallow water, tried that today and got a goose egg there. All i know how to do is keep a pole in the water , they will get hungry some day. Today was suppost to be a great day according to sonar table that ruined my confidence in the moon etc.
    boliver

8. Shep

Shep New Member

State:
    Lamar Arkansas
    I have some shad in the freezer so Top and I are going out today and see what we can do going out at big piney. It's not suppose to rain til tonight. Shep

9. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Tried Ozark yesterday evening ...no shad:crazy: no skips:crazy: and no one catching fish at all:crazy: The water was really dirty

10. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I've been so busy with work that I can hardly find time to read the board and no time at all to fish. I haven't even had time to get my boat ready. I know that will change and I don't care to tell you I'm ready for a change. All this work and no play makes a boy angry.:crazy:

11. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    my nephew and one of his co workers went to the outlet last week.they cought 31 from 2 to 10 lbs.im going to russellive this friday nite and sat.mite get to fish with top some sat.let you know more later.

12. Shep

Shep New Member

State:
    Lamar Arkansas
    Top and I went out yesterday and only caught 1 small fish we were all over the river but nada going again Friday maybe the water will clear up some. Shep

13. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I got one bite yesterday. I fished with every type bait that I could get my hands on. Nothing! Could it be water Temp around 57 degrees, Stained water, No current, to much current, and as my Grand Pa used to say you was not holding your mouth right!! OH well, I was fishing!!!

14. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Top, were you fishing at Piney, or at the nookie plant outlet? It's about the right time for the kitties to be coming into the outlet cove. There's a little bitty cove just south of the ramp, and a great big cove further south; in between, there's a small cove that's always produced well for me during April & May. They'll move in real close to the bank there. Doesn't seem to be anything special the rest of the year.

15. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well folk's the AR. river is rising fast. I went to ozark yesterday evening the water is at the top of the boat ramp on the barge side. The rip-rap that protects the end of the barge wall is totally submerged. No-bait was located.:confused2:

16. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Yep, looks like the flow is projected to double in the next few days. Flows begin with 4/17/07:

OZARK (L&D 12)| 56152 | 71000 | 74 | 83 | 84 | 80 | |
    | | | | | | | | |
    | DARDANELLE (L&D 10)| 38365 | 72900 | 70 | 80 | 86 | 84 | |
    | | | | | | | | |
    | ORMOND (L&D 9)| 42483 | 53300 | 65 | 77 | 84 | 84 | |
    | | | | | | | | |
    | MURRAY (L&D 7)| 38050 | 45800 | 60 | 74 | 82 | 86 | 85 |
    | | | | | | | | |

Here's the link to Arkansas River flow rates:
    http://www.swl-wc.usace.army.mil/WCDS/Reports/Daily/ark4cast.txt

17. bolivar 0637

bolivar 0637 New Member

State:
    Alma, Arkansas
    I went fishing yesterday below Lock & Dam 13 (myself and 3 others) we used just about every bait in existance. I caught one blue, on a grub worm, it felt like a whale on the end of my line.:smile2: :smile2: It only weighed about 2.5 lbs, but you need to keep in mind the biggest thing I have caught in the last 3 months is about the size of a sardine. I did get a couple of bites on DK punch bait.

18. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Well it happened again, Not even a bite. Shep and I were fishing the cold water Intake of the Nuclear Plant. Shep caught one blue that weighted 2 pounds 9 oz. The blue was caught off a shad head. I had a shad head almost on top of his line and did not get a bite.:sad2:

19. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    I have not been in Two Weeks, but have been getting cats in Horseshoe lake both times. I was in Broken Bow Ok this week. But, was not able to get to even see the lake there. I traveled I-40, to I-30 got off at Prescott and took 371 to 70 to Broken Bow. Lots of lovely rivers alone the way.

20. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    i went fishing today, mon 23rd, i caught one my wife 7 . i think i'm done fishing with her. not really but it sure is sad to just bait hooks and take fishoff the line.first channel cats of the year. also danny kings worked for first time. boliver