for anyone who hasn't heard

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by hhca, Apr 13, 2009.

1. hhca

hhca New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Team HHCA sank their boat on spencer lake on saturday at the neocat opener... it was a good turn out and we did manage to get 6th all though we sank the boat at 1 oclock.... We would like to take this time to thank all the teams who helped us out and was able to help to save our equipment... we will be attending cripple creek tournement this weekend thank you agian to all the teams who helped us out:cool2:

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Glad to see that you all made it out safe and sound brother!

3. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    i bet that was a cold one after that , glad you got out safe and saved your stuff

4. hhca

hhca New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well we lost some stuff but not our lives

5. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Sorry to hear about your boat. But glad to hear that y'all made it out safely and saved your equipment. Congrats on the 6th place finish. That's pretty good considering what y'all went through.

6. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    dose that mean yall will be bank fishing the cripple creek tourney?

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Can you tell folks what happened. Kind of a lessons learned story. Might help someone else avoid the same thing.

Thanks.

8. hhca

hhca New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well no we prolly won't be bank fishing cripple creek we got motor running..
    now me and my partner both were on one side and the wind kicked up and filled the boat with water and in secends she had sank...lessons learned yes don't always tuck those life jackets in the storage areas so tight they can't come out

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on the finish. Sucks about the boat, but I guess you already know that. I believe there was a guy who flipped his boat at the Bass Pro Event in Clarksville. I think us tournament fishermen are at a higher risk, simply because we are all in an aggressive mindset and distracted some from boating.

Hope it works out well for you guys and that the next event goes better. Were you able to tow the the boat in or was it a total loss.

10. hhca

hhca New Member

State:
    Ohio
    one of the other fishermen were able to tow it up out for us

11. ERIC S

ERIC S New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge LA
  12. ERIC S

ERIC S New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge LA
    Glad to see that you all made it out safe. Is the boat a total loss?

13. jmjackson333

jmjackson333 New Member

State:
    Spencer, O
    These two boys impress the crap out of me, they are great competitors and darn good catmen they have whipped our behinds in a couple of tournaments. It is probably a blessing that they learned an expensive lesson so cheaply. Seriosly, great catmen and awesome personalities. I'm looking foreward to competing against these two characters for years to come!!:wink:

14. rich crabtree

rich crabtree New Member

State:
    ohio
    it s good to hear that a lot of good came out of some bad , it s good u only lost some equipment, glad to hear coming back, good luck to u brothers :007::cool2:

15. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Yes, it could have turned out a lot worse. I would like to say thanks to everyone that helped out also, both getting them both to shore so quickly and getting their boat back. Unfortunately, as soon as Kris climbed on my boat and I took off, my steering cable broke.

This may be something that is laughed about now, but we all need to keep safety in mind. Be prepared for the worse. I am working on setting up a small boat safety presentation by the Ohio Department of Watercraft before our next tournament.

16. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    You guys made it out safe and thats what matters. I know how quick and unexpected things like that can happen and they dont always turn out for the best especially in cold water.

17. hhca

hhca New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thanks guys for all the feedback and once agian thanks to everyone who helped us out... the boat was salvaged and the motor also.... and jeff will that demo be given by us???lol

18. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    glad to hear you guys made it out safe...Sorry i never got to talk to ya down at the tappan tourney couple weekends ago...how did you guys do?