For all you that take Ultram or Tramadol....Be cautious!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishjohn, Feb 18, 2007.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Some of you know that I have a very Bad back/neck and stay in chronic pain.I know a lot of you also do too.This is just some info that i've learned first hand and wanna help put this out because our Dr's sure aren't!!!
    Better watch yourself and be very aware of the full side effects and/or withdrawals from this drug.
    They say its non addictive,non habit forming,non narcotic...Well 1 out of 3 ain't bad.It isn't a narcotic but it might as well be.
    This is the second time my Dr has put me on this medication.The first time was along with narcotic pain killers and I had no problems with the drug or stopping them altogether.Since then,I'd quit taking all Rx pain meds.A couple months ago my Dr put me back on the Ultram/Tramadol.I ran out abt 5 days before time last month,no big deal.I got really sick,thought it was the flu or something real bad.I didn't realize it at the time but when I got my refill,I was fine in a day or 2.
    This month,I also ran out abt 7 days before time again.(note-i'm not abusing them,only had 90 and was taking 3-4 a day.Was gonna talk to Dr abt getting 120 a mth.)
    I got very sick again this time and not until yesterday,did I put it together.I did a google search on the subject of Ultram withdrawal symptoms.Lo and Behold,I had 8 of 10 of them.That led to a lot more searching and finding out lots of things about this med that my Dr had failed to mention...Just do a search or PM me and I'll share more of what i've learned.
    Sorry for rambling on,but I just wanted to pass this along and hopefully help someone out and maybe just maybe save somebody from going through this living hell!
    Take Care Bro's and Sis's,
    John

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I too suffer from chronic back pain John but fortunately I can manage without any meds for it even though somedays i can barely walk.
    Thank you for this info. What you say is true as well as the fact that the DRs and the Pharm. co.s being in cahoots with eachother they are trying to make all of us dependant ...Why it all boiles down to MONEY.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I agree with you on that.They don't care what happens to us as long as their bank accounts get full!
    I'd love to be able to manage without the meds but I'm putting off neck surgery.Don't want it after my back surgery was less than successful.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Good luck brother with the pain and sickness, does not sound like any fun.

5. troyedm

troyedm New Member

State:
    edmond oklahoma
    it isn't fun thats for sure.back pain brought me down from a 240# 6'4" person to a 155# dying person. drs had no idea why-what or where. ran all the tests all came back ok. said it was arthritis and they couldn't do anything about it. this was the vets admin, so they really had no money to make from it. i always run a check on the internet on any meds they give me. found out tramadol if taken in higher doses than 400 mg a day can cause convulsions. always check your meds online they give the straight skinny without regard to money or stupidity. i think the vets have some of the best drs, at least here in okcity. they fixed my pad with surgery and i can actually feel warmth in my feet again. i just live on darvocet, tramadol and soma for my back now.

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    John, I would be interest in all that you found out. Please PM me with the info.
    Thanks. I use Tramadol occasionally, but the vast majority of the time it is Oxycodone or Davacet. Right now, I am going through a good period. Nearly a week without any pain med's. That's usually my limit, a week.

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Kutter,I apologize. I had forgotten about this thread,I'm sorry Brother! I sent you a PM with updated info that I think you'll find interesting.:wink:
    They are now classified as the same as percocet,lorcet,vicodin,ETC. Very addicting and dangerous!
    If anybody else wants to know more,post and I'll PM you the info from a forum I belong to dealing with this problem.
    Ultram is a drug you should stay away from by all means possible!!!!!

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Great thread John, maybe we should have them rename to effects of drugs or something like that. I was taking welbutrin to quit smoking and it made me itch so bad I bruised myself and didnt even relize I was itching that was after taking it for 3 weeks.

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    If there is anybody that wants to quit taking the ultram,wean yourself slowly down to 1 - 1/2 a day. Don't quit cold turkey!!! There have been reported links between sudden stopping of this drug and seizures.

PM me if you want an all Natural Detox plan to get off the ultram. It was given to me by a RN.
    I had to order one of the supplements online because I could get 4 times as many for $4 more which cost me $14 for 240 pills(you take 4-8 a day for a couple weeks or so). The other things are at wal-mart or any pharmacy and not too much at all considering the benefit. Plus you may already have some of the other things at the house. I plan on starting the program next week. I'm down to 1 a day now and its really bothering me badly.!!!:sad2::angry::confused2:

Remember,I only took 4-6 a day on and off(mostly on and mainly 4 daily) throughout the whole 6+ years...

I just want to try and help people out because I know what its done and doing to me and don't want ANYBODY to have to go through this junk!!!:wink:
    There has to be a better life without these! I know i'm nowhere the same person that I was!!!:sad2:

10. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    hey john thanks for the info, i had been prescribed ultram but couldnt take them, dr told me almost 2 years ago the problems with it , i havent had any medication going on a year now but having 3 blown up discs in my back i know i will again sooner or later, just found out a guy i know had same problem, they basically killed the nerve in his back, has been pain free for 5 years now ? im going to find out about that one, was done at the cleveland clinic , so should be a reliable fix if and when i find out more i will let you know, thanks again

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I wish my Dr had been like that. Never said a word about the possible side effects or addiction...:angry: Only they were non-narcotic and non-habit forming...B.S.!!! I reckon he may have had a deal with the pharm. company??? Or just uneducated about them???
    I've had to learn the hard way and now just trying to help others out by sharing the truth!:wink::big_smile:
    Please let me know what you find out. I want a fix for my back/neck but do not want the drugs that they give to kill you slowly.
    I still take an occasional Lorcet when the pain gets really bad but could go months without them and no problems and take ibuprofen daily. Its them dang ultram...:confused2::angry:

12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Bumping this back up. I think its VERY important info to read and pass along.
    I have the other info saved to Adobe PDF Files so If anyone wants them I'll be glad to share them.:wink:

*Note* *These are personal experiences from me and others. I'm not medically qualified but do know enough about this to spread the word about the Dangers!!!*:wink:

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I had my LAST one yesterday. :cool2::big_smile:
    I just flushed the remaining 3 I had left.
    I'll start the detox program on the 2nd or 3rd. Wish me Luck!!!:wink::big_smile:

14. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I also have back pain, and I quit taking anything except Ibuprofen. I just didn't want to live like that any more. I do like the natural stuff, if you can separate the B.S. from the actual real thing. Keep us posted. Later Andy

15. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    John, I wish you luck on recovery from those drugs. I know first hand what your talking about, I was on them drugs too for way to long but haven't been on them for 2 years now. They are very dangerous.
    Take care.
    :wink:

16. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Day 6 is here and NO Ultram. I'm starting to feel a lot better except for this dang ol' tooth. I'm ready to yank it myself, couldn't be too hard...:wink::smile2:

The only symptoms left are some dizziness/lightheadedness and still an extreme loss of sleep. I started taking Melatonin last night but I guess it was too small of a dose to do any good.
    Just wanted to pass this along that you can get rid of that drug and get better!!! BTW, my head is starting to clear up some except the dizziness.
    My advice if you take Ultram.....Wean yourself off of it and don't look back!!!

17. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Way to go John, I hope you can kick that drug for good. I know I had a hard time getting off of it but I did it and will never take it again.
    :wink:

18. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thanks AL!!! I appreciate it! The worst thing now is not sleeping. I think i'm getting 2 hours tops of sleep a day/night. Thats with taking Melatonin or Ambien. I talked to one guy who had been through it and had bad problems for months. I sure hope it don't take that long for me. I feel like a zombie!!!:eek:oooh:
    BTW,,,ONE WEEK TODAY!!!:wink:

19. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Its been 26 Days without any Ultram/Tramadol!!!

My sleep has gotten better and my whole body is feeling better than before. I urge any of you on this to slowly wean yourself off of it. Its nothing but bad news and I'm not the only one who it has affected that way.
    I'm so glad to be free of it and don't miss it at all!!! :wink::big_smile:

20. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Its been 29 Days and I am so happy that I'm feeling better. Get rid of all the pains I have and I'd have it made...:wink::smile2:
    Ultram Sucks Period!!!!!:angry: