For all the guys whose wives (or girlfriends) don't want them to go fishing

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by boswifedeb, Aug 29, 2009.

1. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    This is for all of the guys whose wives (or girlfriends) don’t want to go fishing, or don’t want their guys to go either! Show this to her, maybe she’ll change her mind.
    So you think fishing is nasty, disgusting, dirty, and un-fun. You think that nightcrawlers, chicken liver, skip jacks, blue gill and limburger cheese should never be touched, much less put on a hook and tossed into the water. Well, I have to disagree with you.
    Some of the best times of my life have happened while fishing. I have great memories of my Daddy taking me fishing, times that will never happen again. The poor man taught me how to use a cane pole first, then worked me up to a rod and reel. The first time that I tried to cast with it, Daddy got hooked in the seat of his pants. He just unhooked himself, took a few steps back out of the way, and said “Try it again, and always be sure of what is behind you before you cast.” He didn’t get mad. He was patient and pleasantly surprised when on the next cast, I put the bait right where he told me and even caught a blue gill. Daddy and I shared a lot of good times fishing. He passed away in 2001. I think of him every time I go. I even talk to him sometimes, and see if he can get God to intercede and put a fish on my hook.
    My husband and I spend a lot of time together fishing. It gives us an opportunity to talk about things at home or about life in general. Or sometimes it gives us an opportunity to say nothing, and still know exactly what the other is thinking or feeling.
    Now I’m not going to tell you that some bait isn’t icky. Some is. Some bait stinks ( that’s why they call it stink bait!). But baby wipes will clean your hands better than you ever dreamed they could. And Noxema takes away any smell that is left after you get home.
    So if you’ve never been fishing with your husband or boyfriend, give it a try. You might just get hooked!

2. countryboy32c

countryboy32c New Member

State:
    Lansing, KS
    That is a great point I will definately make my wife read this post:wink:

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    yup my fishen buddy is Lilly & I wouldnt have it any utter way.....my baby will hack up a bloody asain and bait her own (LOL) only thing I gotta do is clean em after she catches em (LOL)

4. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanx for sharing the post. There is a very special bond between fishing partners thats somehow different from any other. Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink:

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Debbie very good post, thanks, i will have to get the wife to read this one

6. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Ok ,,, well I will see you and the kids at Redd Hollow,,lol Great Post.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Reps for a great post Debbie.. Thanks for sharing.

8. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    :cry::dribble::0a31:

GREAT POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    What a beautiful post.............

10. MMloy

MMloy New Member

State:
    NC
    I agree some baits are stinker than others....but I like the thougts of catching bait, cutting it up and then spending hours on end on our boat fishing....priceless.
    Most of the time we just sit and think..I find the talks and quite moments are more personal while we are on the water...ain't no where to run to.
    My most favorite moment fishing with Eric was when we had 4 people on the boat catfishing in Santee and the rod went down...move the heck outta my way...grabbin the rod and setting the hook on a 26 pounder...He whispered in my ear "Way to go baby, I love watching you set that hook., you make a man proud" And I got a pat on the butt.:big_smile:. I have been fishing all my life also but I never had a partner to fish with...until now!
    I should also mention that you get to view the true beauty of the earth that God has made...nothing like a sunrise and sunset on a boat with rods in the water and the man you love beside you!

Happy Fishing!

Marya

11. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Welcome to the BOC/SOC !!!:big_smile:

12. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State: