For .223 reloaders

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by ozzy, Feb 15, 2009.

1. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
  2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    That pretty neat Ozzy. kind of interesting to say the least. I would like to see/shoot a few. Interesting any way.

3. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    Thanks Mike! That was a good read. I have heard of prople doing that but didn't know anything about it.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks,Thats been around since the 70s I would do it ,But like it said $600 is a bit much . Now if I just had some local buddies that might chip in.......:cool2:

5. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Saw that in the late 70's,, handled a few of the projectiles and they looked pretty good.. Never got into using them, But, the way things are going, might be a thing that comes more into play......

6. Whistling Dixie

Whistling Dixie New Member

State:
    Texas
    That's a neat trick, I would probably jump all over it except for the $600 cost of tools. I can definetely see some serious advantages if our second amendment rights are further violated.

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It would do in a pinch...but like the others said...$600?! :crazy: Plus, you gotta use up a bunch of premium .22 ammo to have cases worth starting with.

My main question is...even though it is possible, cool, and could come in handy...how would a brass jacket affect a barrel in the long run. Isn't brass harder than copper? Seems like it might ruin your barrel in a short period of time, but I don't know.