Football Food

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Big Nick, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    I know that there is some place in Pittsburgh that started to make rothlesburgers last year, but my friends and I had the idea far before they did, when he was still at Boston College. We tried it out last year during the playoffs and it was great. Here is the recipe:

Large poppysead bun(toasted)
    large hamburger patty,
    pepperjack and cheddar cheese,
    jalepenos,
    1 fried egg over easy,
    bacon,
    fried piece of ham,

Optional Items: Onions/lettuce/tomato/salsa/ketchup/mustard, ect

This is my favorite football food, whats yours. Please share any good ideas that will work for tailgating, or just sitting around with the guys trying to feed yourself a heart attack! I need a good bratwurst recipe!!!

2. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    I have heartburn just reading that chili recipe! Sounds good though. I bet a guy gets a little windy after eating that mess!

3. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I thought Rothlesburger went to school in OHIO.......MIAMI of OHIO??

4. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I don't know if that chili would go with beer very well :confused: As a matter of fact, it would probably give me the squirts :blink:.HAHA For the noon games here in Indy we make breakfast burritos with sausage, eggs, cheese, and of course we make hashbrown potatoes, it's a crowd favorite!! And for the late games we grill brats,burgers,and we grill corn. Indiana is known for their corn,and of course the Colts!! ;)

5. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    Hey bassmassey, I realized my mistake as soon as I headed home from work last night. It was Miami of Ohio. OOPS.
    Anyhow, lets get some more recipes out there.
    As for the breakfast burritos, MMMMM. I've been known to make a few of those in my day too. Nothings better than waking up to football, and a big ole breakfast burrito! (washed down with a beer from the bottom of the cooler from the night before!)

6. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    I had asked for a good Bratwurst recipe, but I thought I would share my own. Here is how I prepare the brats.

Take a package of uncooked original bratwurst(no cheese ones), put them in a pot and add enough beer to make them float. Add 1 to 2 large white onions chopped up well. Boil the brats/beer/ onions until the brats turn a solid white color(if you think you've under boiled them just keep going, its hard to over boil a brat). Strain out all of the onion and put it in tin foil. Remove brats from the pot and put on grill(low heat). Put the foil with the onion on the grill also. Grill brats until they are golden brown(do not over cook since they have already been boiled) take brats and onions off of the grill. Take the onions and add sourkruat(sp) to the mix. Put the onion/kraut back on the grill for a few minutes. Remove onions/kraut from grill and serve over the brats with your favorite mustard or toppings. ENJOY

7. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    no big deal nick........i was just making sure that i had my info right.....how about some deviled eggs for finger food ??

8. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    Finger foods are great! lets get some recipes for them too.
    MMMMMM deviled eggs MMMMMMM

I have a feeling we might be held liable if someone tries all of these recipes and ends up having a heart attack.

One thing that should be said, is that all of these foods should be eaten with some Tums, and or rolaids!

9. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Hey Nick, your Bratwurst recipe sounds crappy :p lol I'm just messin with ya! :happy:

10. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    Ya, it'll make you Poop!!!

I havn't had this much fun messin with someone since me and Sal got into it!

11. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    Are there no other good/unique football foods out there. Come on now fellas thats hard to beleive. And not even a single catfish recipe. BOOOOOOOOO

I know theres got to be some more heart attack, good farting food out there!

Anyone.............someone..................I'm hungry............................

12. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    LilRyjoe04, I had coke shooting out my nose when I read , "the squirts".
    I aint eating right if I dont get em. LMAO. The trick to that is have plenty of reading material and tums..
    Not much I don't like in football food, any food. LOL
    Beer goes with it all but so does ice tea. We watch games outside on a back porch with wood burning stove. I got a propane cooker I fire up for rice, beans and sausage, chili, stews etc. and a BBQ pit for the hot wings, ribs, brisket, grilled shrimp, boudan ( mis spelled ) and beer can chicken. Its all hot and spicy but the ice chest takes the heat off. I kind of sweep the kitchen when adding spices. Chili and stew, gets a double sweep. When we cook for football, it depends on what everybody pitches in and it all turns out good. I'm the kind of person , if someone is hungry, they are welcome to eat ..

13. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Did ya like that Dano :D When we went to the Jacksonville vs. Indianapolis game I think it was week two. I was with five of my friends and we drank about a case and half before we walked into the stadium, and it started at noon :eek: It was an awesome game! We held them to three points and for the first time since the "The Goose" Tony Siragusa, we were ampted about our D!! Before the game we were making breakfast burritos and grilling brats and burgers, we had enough food to feed an army! Man was it fun!

14. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    Last year me and a bunch of buddies went out to the Steelers/Cowboys game. We brought my friends grill which is basically a huge barrel cut in half. We had steak fajitas, shrimp, brats, caso on the grill, corn and a bunch of munchies. If we hadn't lost that game it would have been one heck of a day. Instead it ended up being a horrible day with lots of heartburn.

15. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    You went to the game. Dang, I bet that was a good time. I know the food and beer was. LOL.
    My Son was given a ticket to the Houston vs Colts game this coming up Sunday. Colts is one of the Teams he likes. He can't wait till they meet up with the Pats. LOL. Only thing he watches on tv is football all year long. He watching the highlights over and over again and has seen every S.B. LOL.
    He has a free ticket and ride but needs to borrow a $100. from me to go. Money I can't afford. He's had a bad year from a wreck he was in last Oct. He has been very depressed over it all. Got a have more surgery next year. Sure has cause us some problems. It really did change him a lot. Thats another story for another thread.

I might see if I can come up with the money, help him get to the game. As much as he love's football it might do him some good to get away and enjoy himself . Heck he wants to get there the day before and set up a tail gate party. Wants me to give up my Homemade sausage links, bag of hot wings and little grill to take with em. :glare:

I don't know why I feel like if he goes, I'll see him on the field trying to go for a touch down pass, ( with sausage link in other hand ) being chased by security/ black and white shirts and heading for the cheerleaders. I might not should watch that game if he goes. LOL. :glare:

This Sunday, I think I'll cook up a Cajun brisket, grilled potatoes with onion, carrots, covered with cheese and a big pot of greens with ham and grilled corn on cob. :D

16. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    Save me some briskett!!!

I'm heading to east Texas if your cooking all that good stuff. LOL

17. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Just follow your nose, shut the gate behind you and don't mess with the bull, he can get real mean. :D

18. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    shrimp cocktails...about 3 or 4 lbs

19. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    Phil, if you hadn't said 3 or 4 lbs then I'd be making fun of you. I like shrimp cocktail too, but come on now, thats not much of a football food by itself. Don't you have a Chili, or sausage, or BBQ, or something thats a little more Manly?

Next thing you know Phil will be giving us sushi recipes. :p

20. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    HAHA sushi recipes with patte spread over a cracker with a sprit of parsley :happy: