Football Collectables

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by BIG GEORGE, Aug 29, 2005.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Theres got to be some of you out there that are as crazy as I am when it comes to your team. Lets get it rollin. I have collected RAMS memorabelia for quite some time. The attached pics are just a sample to get things movein. The first pic is of a Game used Jersey worn by Hall of Fame guard Tom Mack. Its from the early 70's. The other pic is of a Roman Gabriel jigsaw puzzle from the early 60's. Lets see what ya got! Lookin forward to some pics.

2. bull_head

bull_head New Member

State:
    Laceyville, PA
    Right now George all i have is Football Cards ...
    some are from the early 70's

most are from the 90's

I have started collecting again but its hard to find cards anymore
    I normally buy mine in Sets as they are worth more ... I have gotten a
    few off of Ebay ... but not many .... I need to save a few more bucks I
    geuss ...

I dont have any pics of the cards but I will take a few when I get some time

I am going to a Buffalo Bills game in December and I hope to get some goodies there ... next to my Packers the Bills are my second favorite team

3. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I've got a colts helmet worn by Jim Harbaugh, and a football signed by the whole 2004 team. Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison, Edgerin James, Reggie Wayne, Dwight Freeney, you know all the pro bowlers!! Look out this year we just might win the Super Bowl!!!!

4. Whiskers4life

Whiskers4life New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I have a signed Bart Starr Card....Have no idea how much its worth...

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Josh,one thing ya will find about collectables is that they are worth what someone is willing to pay for it. LOL!

6. sam9266

sam9266 New Member

State:
    Albany, GA
    A few years ago while cleaning out Moms attic I came across all my old cards. I have over 1200 football cards and about 600+ Baseball cards mostly from the late sixties and early seventies with a handfull of cards that went to baseball board games in the fifties. My mother started making a list and indexing the cards but got tired and packed them back up for me at a later date. While going thru the cards she only found one that had much value.. like 50-60$ but like I said.. she never finished. Maybe this winter Ill finish the job and see what I actually have.
    We also found over 300 old Juke Box records from the early fifties that Dad bought from the Juke box vender at the hambuger stand he worked at after school. Found some old rail road stuff (locks,lights,tools,etc) of my Grandpas from where he retired from the L,E,F and C rail roads in PA, and some old coal mining stuff like fuel burning head lights from the coal mines where he also retired from. Grandpa was a hard working man his whole life !!! We also found a bunch of old matchbox cars from my childhood, etc... it was the best time cleaning an attic Ive EVER had.....lol
    Everything has now been brought down into the house and stored in a little better way. I wish they had been taken better care of back when but atleast they were well played with...lol

Take care... Sam

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Ain't it funny Sam. We used to buy things to play with and have fun. Now its "Leave it in the box and don't touch it! It will be worth somethin some day! " Sounds like ya got some cool stuff. I would take a good look at the cards from the 60's. Especially the baseball. There is a publication called the Becket magazine that would be a beneficial guide in determineing what you have.

8. sam9266

sam9266 New Member

State:
    Albany, GA
    Thanks George...

Someday Ill have the time to do the research required. I have more football cards than baseball cards tho. I wonder why ya dont hear as much about football cards? Anyway.. I appreciate the name of the book. Any particular RAMS player or card I should look for or are they ALL pretty much worthless??.... lol Calm down Big Boy.. justing kidding...lol GO RAMS....lol

Take care... Sam

9. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    is anyone here young enough to remember the Refridgerator Perry G.I Joe??

i had one when i was about 10, but who knows what happened to it..........im sure those are worth some money.......u couldnt buy them at the stores i remember u had to order them off the back of a regulaur G.I Joe package....................it was pretty cool, he came with a spiked football connected to a chain, i guess that was his weapon of choice

10. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I'm with you on that one Bassmassey. We are about the same age. I remember I had one, but can't remember what happened to it. I used to have close to the whole set of G.I. Joes, I'm going to have to look back through them and see if I can find them. Take it easy man!

11. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    ALLRITE! Slammin Sammy Baugh. LOL! Now we are talkin.

12. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    Being Vikings training camp is right by my hometown, I have gotten and sold tons of Viking things. ABout the only thing I did keep, was a couple autographed Moss Jerseys and a couple autographed cards which are stored in a safe deposit box until I can afford a house and a couple nice frames to put them in.
    BTW, if there are any Vikes fans out there, let me know and maybe I can get you something from Training camp next year.

LMFAO....my one prized Viking memorabilia...A Brock Lesnar signed autograph from his stint with the Vikes :D