Food processor?

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by bootshowl, Feb 4, 2008.

1. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Can anyone recommend a small food processor that's affordable and doesn't take up much counter space. I'd like to make my own chicken and ham salad. My mother and sister have biggens that are years old and still working fine; but was hoping someone knew of one that was small yet effecient. Hoping to have something in mind when I go shop. Thanks.

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Glad i looked at the forum name when I came upon this thread. I was wondering what kinda of stinky foul smelling messy concoction could be made with a food processor. But then I saw it was for the diner so I stopped worrying. If you go to a baby store like babies r us (I have an 8 month old), they will have little food processors so you can make your own baby food. I didnt take notice of the prices just that it was cool they had it while the wife was looking for new bibs.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Gary ,We have a small one ,its great for gratin cheese and stuff like that,I will look an see what brand it is ,Thanks for askin.

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    WELL THE SECOND i have is probably to small for ya but its called a handy chopper. my wife got it for me and its only about 3 cup capacity. just big enough to chop a men onion. i use it a ton. choppin g inions peppers for tacos, salsa and what not. we have a larger one but the h/chop is awesome and a quick rinse and its clean. looks just like a processor.

http://www1.epinions.com/hmgd-Mixers_Food_Proc-Black_and_Decker-HandyChopper_Plus_MINCER_CHOPPER

looks like it has great reviews too.

5. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
  6. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    CoonX ----- We had one like that, used it for several years and it worked good. The spline the handle went on broke after 4+ years or so. But I'll tell ya, my wife gave more than 8 dollars for it. Some slick salesman demonstrated them at some show, I know she gave better than 20 dollars. lol

I will show her that when she gets off of work. That will fire her up. lol

:smile2::tounge_out::smile2: