Food plots

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by hookeye, Oct 12, 2005.

1. hookeye

hookeye New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Put out my first food plots this year, planted 3. Two are just turnips the other is biologic, really anxious to see how they work out. I hope to be able to purchase a couple of cameras soon to place on them. I figure that next year should start to show some results. I planted the first in an opening about 100yds from a pond located just inside a good white oak stand and woods to the left,right,and below it . The second one is about 500yds down hill with a creek at the bottom and a 45 acre wood lot to one side and a narrow strip of hickories, walnuts, and red oaks on the other and woods at the bottom. The 3rd, which is the biologic, is on the other side of the 45 acre wood lot, it is very irregular and has a lot of white oaks just inside the woods. I have done a lot of reading on the subject and watched countless T.V. shows about proper set up of a productive plot, sure hope I did it right. There is a good population of deer on the farm, hope to produce some nice horns in the years to come. Hope Y'all share your knowledge and give me some feedback on the subject.

2. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Sounds to me like you got it covered. I did plant my winter rye almost 2 weeks ago and then put some more out last Sunday. I have seen a few tracks around but not to many yet. I planted near so real thick cover near a bottom with several creeks running trough it.