Food plots

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by samh, Sep 23, 2006.

1. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Yesterday afternoon we got around to planting 3 food plots, one of them was by a trail camera, I didn't think anything about it cause it's back in the wood about 30 feet and we skipped the 40 feet or so of the field right next to it, but I guess if it's big enough and hot enough it'll trip it, at least a Ford TW-20 with a 22 ft disk will, even the little tractor pull'n the roller did.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/3006/DGC_0004fp.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/3006/DGC_0013fp.jpg

2. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Sam, the camera probably thought those tractors were John Deere's.:embarassed:

st

3. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    There was 3 John Deeres and a Massey at the barn, should have run them by the camera to see which one it picked up the best.

4. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    What are you planting?

5. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Cool pictures, Sam! I kinda like that!:smile2:
    "John Deere's"! Hahaha!:lol:

6. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Wheat and oats.

7. tokie

tokie New Member

State:
    Hemlock, Ohio
    yep
    yep yep yep yep

8. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    It rained cats and dogs for two days last week. Rain finally stopped and sun came out Sunday. I rode over to a friends farm to get some corn for yard decorations for Halloween. My buddy has two acres of clover he planted for deer. When I drove out of the woods into the field at 4:30 PM, it looked like the Serengeti Plains of Africa. There were at least 30 does and fawns in there eating away and they scattered like rats when they saw me. No horns that I saw but I know the big boys were laying back in the brush. Definitely the highlight of a wet nasty weekend.

9. Duzy

Duzy New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    It's rained here for the last two weeks the wheat looks great!

10. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I planted my food plot in early September and it was looking great. The wheat and the mix were up about five to six inches. I went to check on it last weekend and because we haven't had rain it was about dead. We got a good soaking rain today asnd I hope this will bring it back. Sorry to say my food plot at one time looked better than my front yard.