Food plot/hunting plot info

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Scott Daw, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Does anyone plant hunting plots? have you ever tried any of the no plow or secret spot seed mixes? are the worth it? I found a sweet spot that no one deer hunts and I was covered up since the acorns & chestnut are dropping but I'd like to make it appealing after the mast is gone. whats your thoughts?

2. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Scott, I use bug forage oats for my hunting plots. has fast growth and they love it in the fall. Runs around $ 22.00 a 50lb bag and seeds 1/2 acre. I planted 6 acres this year, with an 2 acre plot that is not hunted. Here is a couple pics of one the plots.

Attached Files:

3. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    todd - where is that plot? Looks like a good place! I talked to Rogers and they said the best stuff to plant is the Imperial Whitetail Clover. Shannon showed me some pics of the plot and it is quite incredible.

4. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    I planted the clover in the spring at other places, come up good, didn't far to well with dry weather. Been using the forage oats for 3-4 years In the fall and have good success with good browse. As to where it is, to close to you for me to tell.:wink: