Food Network

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    ok, who watches it? my wife of 5 years is a chef fron california, and she got me to watch it. i used to see bobby flay on boy meets grill and didn't care for it.
    now bobby flays throwdown is one of my favorites. the iron chefs challenge is good most of the time also.

2. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Is that on ESPN ?

3. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just kidding Mr. Washburn. I do watch the food network from time to time. A person can pick up a lot of good tips for the outdoor cook. Just keep it on the down low or my wife will want me to cook more often at home.

4. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    heya, Phil!

I do watch the show. Whenever Im too full from eating, I like to eat with my eyes. This channel helps me and is fairly calorie free.

The only downside is that it makes me hungry. just once I want to reach into that dang television and steal a prawn off of Masahoro Marimoto's cutting board. Id do it too- if I wasnt scared of losing a finger.

My only gripe... and I know this will fire up a lotta you are two people whose shows are extremely annoying to me: Paula Deen and Sandra Lee. I do admit that Deen is a great cook. It is that annnoying self-assured timbre in her voice and that cackling laugh she has when her boys are on the set. Its like watching an overweight hyena fight her young to be first to stick her snout in the cavity of a warthog. Speaking of warthog, I despise Sandra Lee. DESPISE HER. I'd love to have the chance to chase a herd of bison right through her fruity "tablescape" and matching outfit and cooking set--- just for the remote chance that one might drop a pasture pastry and another might kick it up with a passing hoof and shoot it right in her eye.

Sandra Lee is not a chef. She is not even a half-good cook. anyone can line a pan with twinkees, put frozen fruit and instant pudding on it, top it with whipped cream and call it a "trifle". The problem is that it isnt creation in that case. Its stacking existing crap up. Cooking plagerism.

Now... On the other hand, That Nigella girl has to go too. I cant watch that when the wife is home. I have to take a cold shower after watching! Saturday she was making a roasted chicken and (Im dead-freaking-serious here) as she was getting ready to pop it in the oven, she deep swallows a finger full of some chocolate ganache, mutters "dont judge me, you'd do it too", and then grabs a handful of sage, cuts it up and says, "Before putting the chicken in the oven, rough cut some fresh sage on it... I know I love all those soft, furry tounges on my palate. Im sure you will find it deliciously exciting too".

I was watching it with Elena... I immediately gasped, "uh... I cant be here. I dont know why but I feel wrong here." Then I left the room to call my mother and check on her health.

ROTFL

5. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    lol its true she knows shes hot and knows what to say! lol i also like rachel ray she is a great cook and looks pretty good too lol :roll_eyes:
    its good to hear from you again sal!

6. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Watching Rachel Ray do anything is like watching a speedy Gonzales cartoon: You arent gonna catch too much the first time you see it, but you will be entertained. The second and third time you see that episode though, you catch on.

Welcome to the 30 minute meals Andale Eppa Eeeee-yah! (woosh!)

commercial break

Ok... we have thee steak with thee onions and thee papas freetas! They are so taysteee! They make my tasty-buds go seely.

:smile2:

And Emeril Legassee looks like Carla's old boyfriend from Cheers. The one who left her for Loretta. I hope somone else remembers that guy... Its a dead match.

7. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I watch Food Network, but I'm a girl. There's not many on there that I don't watch. I watch, think "I can do that" then go to the store for supplies and can't find them, then by the time I find what I need.....I forget what I needed it for!:smile2: I do learn from Rachael Ray, 30 min. meals. That's a must for moms' on the go.
    I probably watch Emeril most often, just cause I like the way he cooks.

8. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI

9. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri

10. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Waiting for a reply katinthehat!!!

11. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Wouldn't that require me to give him the computer back?

12. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    I watch the food network at least 1 time a day.

Emerald doesn't cook anything a normal person can cook or find the ingredients for, Paula would be good if she could shut up about her boys and cook. Alton Brown is good but he is getting more silly and extreme with his show. Forget about all the reality shows they are broad casting now, "Junk".
    Someone tie Rahel's hands and she wouldn't say a word. She does have some good recipes though.

13. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I need a recipe for boiled eggs. Which one of those shows should I watch? Kat Tamer is gonna be on Oprah with me discussing how to castrate dogs. In case Oprah asks me how to boil eggs I want to know. John.

14. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    the first time i watched the food channel it was rachel ray...i thought, ya know, she's kinda cute:roll_eyes:

then i saw her show several times in the next few weeks and i thought, ya know, this girl won't shut up!:confused2:

i agree, paula is a great cook, but somewhat full of herself...and her sons are not entertaining, imho

my least favorite show was the "next food network star" thing...food doesn't need that kind of crap to be entertaining

15. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    I cant help it. I am Southern so I absolutely LOVE Paula Dean! My mother in law watched her and made several of her dishes. In fact, the last one I had was a recipe from Paula Dean.

Racheal Ray is great and so is Sara Lee.

Dont like Giada Delarentis(sp?)

16. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    now i have to admit, i lived in alabama for awhile and i love paulas southern accent..and she darn sure knows how to cook:big_smile:

17. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I also watch food network, My favorite is rachael ray paula dean and alton brown ,good eats has taught me tons on how to get the most out of food.

18. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Notice I left Alton Brown and Giada De-la-Cleavage out of the discussion.

I do find them entertaining but for separate reasons.

Of course, Giada does have a rip-rap crushing jawline doesnt she? She sorta has a head shaped like Quagmire from Family Guy. ROTFL

Giggity....

Its good to take a minute out of the day to laugh a bit. Thanks everyone!

-Sal

19. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    thats why I cant watch Giada, I think that its rude to X-pose yourself like that. So unprofessional!

Alton Brown is great, that guy makes a science project outta every meal and thats entertaining. My kids enjoy him!

20. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Big Alton Brown fan............anyone who will quote Monty Python(The Holy Grail) is A-OK in my book(Avocado episode):wink:.

Speaking of books, I received a book of his as a gift...........it's more like a high school chemistry book than a cook book, lots of knowledge shared.

One of my most watched channels.