Food for the Soul

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by fishnvince, Jan 13, 2009.

1. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    For those of you out there who will take the time to read this post, I would like to say to you that I am not a Writer, i'm not A poet or a philosopher. Just a 49 year old man who believes whole heartedly that if you take a moment every now and then to stand quiet and allow your self to be taken on a trip back to a place where Job pressures, financial matters, global concerns of never ending Wars with not as much as a legitimate reason for having one other than some politician who says it's in your best interest in the end, or worries of climate change and the overall stress we are faced with in our everyday lives don't exist. Listen to the sounds of Nature as it was intended for us to hear it. With our eyes and our hearts. Remember the first time you rode your bike down the street and how that made you feel. Remember your friends that made up a part of who we once were before we parted ways and started our new lives. Remember a first love, a first kiss, a family member who made you smile with his not so funny jokes or his or her simple witt. How about the firt time you saw the ocean and felt the power of the waves, or how excited you were as the first snowflakes of winter fell. For me living in todays world I find myself blessed with somany things I take for granted. It's easy for me to get caught up in the stress we all can't seem to escape. It seems harder still to remember all the good things we have right here right now. Take a journey today back to where you once were and remember all the great things this life has given you. All the beauty this planet has shown us. You might just feel better afterward. Maybe it will be Food for your Soul?

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You've posted a wonderful and oh so true post thank U very much.:smile2:

3. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Great post Vince!

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thank You Vince,J.D.

5. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    we all need to take time out from the old rat race thanks for the post

6. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Thanks hon! I thought you said you were NOT a writer! You are a heck of a good writer!:cool2: