Fond du Lac area Catfishers,any out there?

Discussion in 'LOCAL WISCONSIN TALK' started by 32HRMAG, Aug 15, 2009.

1. 32HRMAG

32HRMAG New Member

State:
    Fond du Lac
    Looking for some Catfishing buds in the Fond du Lac area.I saw some old post somewhere from a few guys, but nothing recent.I am a newbie and would like some help in finding places that I can fish from shore.Am new to the area also.I have heard some about supples marsh,but don't know where or how.Help please.

2. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Hey 'Magnum, how did the catfishing go last night? Like you, I'm getting back to catfishing...only in my case it had been 45 years between fishing trips and Kentucky rather than Tennessee. Most of the LaCrosse boys are new to the game too. We're all learning together thanks in large part to the BOC.

3. 32HRMAG

32HRMAG New Member

State:
    Fond du Lac
    The fish survived. I had the wife and kids along and that made for a short event.My step kids have know patience and never stop talking or doing something that is, well ,the meds aren't working.So will try again alone or with someone who also likes some quiet conversation.
    Does boat traffic make alot of difference.I know some fish won't feed when traffic is nearby.The Fond du Lac river gets pretty busy and is only at the most 100 ft across at the mouth and probably 2ft deep or so.

4. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Heavy boat traffic in a river that small and shallow would really have a negative effect on fish biting. As warm as it has been you need to find some deeper holes or undercut banks to fish. Look for rocks, snags and rip-rap too. Then fish at the head (upstream) edge of that structure.

A steady job and the love of a good woman have been the ruination of many a good fisherman

5. 32HRMAG

32HRMAG New Member

State:
    Fond du Lac
    Yea, I thought so.Now all I need to do is find the time to find the structure.Hope that happens before the snow flies.