Follow Up To Jacks Post About Pictures

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by H2O Mellon, Aug 9, 2009.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I find myself being less and less enthuised about catching catfish as time goes on. I've thought about hanging it up more than a few times within the last year. I've went out once so far this year, but may get out more often in the fall. Catfishing just hasn't kept my intrest and I know it has everything to do with being busy this year and having priorities to take care of. I'm finding myself battling the question of "Why I Fish". It got to be soley for the purpose of trying for a big fish and not for enjoyment. I'm trying to convience myself to go back to doing it to have fun. What I do find myself doing is going back and looking through my old pictures.

As the saying goes pictures tell a thousand words and so on. Most times the pictures that are not even "fish" related on the ones I look at the most. Who else is like this?

I'll share some off the wall pictures with you:

#1.) "Nghtmare on ______ Ave"
    Wow, what a night. Jack bought a brand new 14 foot Tracker Topper Jon boat, Minnkota Trolling Motor & Deep Cycle Battery. We drug this thing for 1/4 to 1/2 mile then carried it down "The Death Drop" (see later picture). We did this to fish a certain area that had looked good to us. Getting there was only 1/2 the battle..... Getting Back Was HORRIBLE. We had to carry it back UP the Death Drop. We really talked about sinking the boat and forgetting all about it, and that's not a joke. We almost did that.

#2.) "Bloodyhand"I might be a little off with this one, but as I recall we were fishing on the GMR for channel cats. I caught one and I told Jack that the channel "spiked" me. Truth be told (and I think this is the first Jack's heard the truth) the blood was really from the channel cat getting hooked and nto my hand at all. :)

#3.) "The Goat Path"Man oh man.... this was one of two trips that I'll never forget until I die (#1 being the first). We walked 1/2 mile through the woods to get to this spot. Then you have to repel down with climbing rope. Just imagine how hard it to getting all yoru stuff back up!

MORE TO COME LATER

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I think those pic's tell the truth there!

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    #4.) "The Indiana Trip"
    A fellow catfisherman told us about this killer bank spot in Indiana. Well it took us several hours to fins this spot. Keep in mind that we'd never fished the Ohio River in IN. Lets just say this was one insane trip. We fished for less than 5 minutes before deciding it was a waste.

#5.) "Paint Creek Spillway May 2006"100% Jacks suggestion. Wow.... shoulder to shoulder. It was insane! FYI: Never to this spot on a Holiday weekend!

#6.) "Winter Shad"Salmonid, Dinkbuster and I drove an hour and half to try to castnet sahd in the dead of winter. Needless to say, we waded the Scioto River during a snow storm. I dont think we got any shad all day. Oh yea... the snow got worse on the way home. I think it took around 3 hours to get back!

Jack and I may end up fishing some in the fall, so lets hope I can add more to the list of pictures... and I'm talking about the "Non-Fish" picutes. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Great memories.....I think, no i am sure.

5. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    lol great thread, and whats with jack in the last picture. He looks like he is about to ambush somebody:smile2:

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Looking at those old pics made me realize why I fish, for the fun and memories, not for the big fish catch...I think I have forgotten that this year.

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You fish for fun, and big fish! Memories are made by doing such Jack!:wink: rollo

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I dont think we have any pics of our best ooops I mean worst outing..

It was when I fished Mellons boat for the first time and on the Ohio river.

Which was full of pleasure boaters and barges, we launced on a holiday weekend in downtown cincinnati.

I never thought you could hit wakes that big, cause if I did not have a good hold of my seat I would have went overboard, and a couple times the boat was standing stright up.

Pretty bad when a 75hp motor open full and you are not moving.

I think is what finally ruptured the disk in my back!

9. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Indiana Trip pic.I couldnt help but laugh,Ive fished that spot probably 30 times.Its ok but definately not a killer spot.