Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my river wich is a very big river ya gotta follow the birds. We have a very very large population of coomerans on the river. Look for where they are divein and ya will find bait. Also get a good fix on where they roost and rest to preen themselves after a long spell of divein in the river. Coomerans eat fish,alot of em. Eatin fish creates "FISH SMELLIN POOP". Experience has told me that all the droppins they put in the water attract cats. Now don't ask me the ins and outs. Must be like puttin canned tuna in the water. LOL! Must taste allrite also cause when ya find em roostin and cleanin themselves the cats are there. My motto, is find the fish eatin bird crap and find the fish. LOL!

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
That's what we do to but with gulls. Even when they aren't diving ( rafting the word ?? ) they are sitting over bait a lot of times but they are to deep to dive for. We also have blue heron who are the bad arse hunters.

When the Striper boys get to bold will us ( they think they own the lakes here ) we will pull away, crumble up some crackers, and throw them in the water. Within minutes the birds will be over there eating and the Striper dudes will leave to go chase them.......LOL......oh yea...cracker fishin. Hey that's what they get for messin with me ; )

-Jim-

·
Registered
258 Posts
same thing here

i look for the cranes white and grey if there on the bank feeding theres cats around if there in a tree there waiting for the bait or just filled there bellys on bait fish

:) good post

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
If I am fishinng a new lake (one I haven't been to before) I always look for trees with white poop stains, and fish there first, also swallows on a bridge will attract fish but not as well as the fish eaters

·
Registered
181 Posts
That's what we do to but with gulls. Even when they aren't diving ( rafting the word ?? ) they are sitting over bait a lot of times but they are to deep to dive for. We also have blue heron who are the bad arse hunters.

When the Striper boys get to bold will us ( they think they own the lakes here ) we will pull away, crumble up some crackers, and throw them in the water. Within minutes the birds will be over there eating and the Striper dudes will leave to go chase them.......LOL......oh yea...cracker fishin. Hey that's what they get for messin with me ; )

-Jim-
he,he,he...that's a new one 4 me.thanks a million jimmy:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.