Folks, please pray for rain.

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by jlingle, Aug 2, 2006.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    We are in a serious drought in Oklahoma. It's been steadily getting worse for about 8 years. We have 5 ponds on our place, and only two are left with water & one of those is about to dry up completely. I spent about 3 hours today seining the catfish out of one of our ponds and moving the fish to the last pond that still has decent water. One of our ponds has been there since my dad was a boy and he watched it go dry this year for the first time in his life.

It's getting bad. We really need the rain, and not just for fishing. Our farmers are gonna be hurting for real if they can't make a cotton crop this year. The wheat crop was a bust over much of the state, and without some good rain our cotton crop will fail as well.

The bible tells us to pray for God's will to be done, but it also tells us to pray for the desires of our hearts. The desire of my heart is to see our land here receive a whole lot of rain. If you don't mind, I'd appreciate some of your prayers as well.

Thanks a bunch,

Jerrod

2. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Prayers sent from NC!

3. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    consider it done .
    that has to be a very worrisome ordeal.
    sorry to hear your in this predictament.

4. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    The way this heat wave is going alot of people are needing rain. You got it bro.

5. Guthooked

Guthooked New Member

State:
    Ga
    I live in Ga and it is as dry as I have ever seen it in my life. The creek behind my house is dry except for some deep holes. We did receive a 10 min sprinkle tonight which is better than nothing.

6. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    We will be praying for rain for those who need it, and some cooler temps for the whole country. This is a hot one this year

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Jerrod, I dont live to awful far from you and its the same around here the ponds are going dry and I know 2 people that are going to have to sale some of their cattle. Most of the rain seems to either go northwest of you or southeast of us. Its got to break sometime.

8. KWSMITH

KWSMITH New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Prayers sent from Virginia.

9. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    more prayers from virginia

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers sent for yall, hope yall get some rain.

11. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Iowa ain't lookin good either , will throw one in for you guy's too .
    Brian

12. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

More positive thoughts and prayers from NC......

13. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Thanks a lot everybody. It actually is clouding up a little bit outside. If it rains, I may cut me a jig out in the front yard. They're giving us a 30% chance today, tomorrow, and a 20% chance on Friday. Not too shabby.... maybe it'll pan out for us. Praise God.

14. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Jerrod and others from the dry reaches, I wish you take some of our rain here as here in SW Ohio, we been getting it all year, heck here it is early August and Im still cutting my grass 2 times a week and struggling to keep up with it, (seriously) We got 3" of rain just in the last week and flooded everything, now its getting back to normal with the present heat wave. In fact, I dont know how much above normal we are but we are Waaaaay up, its kind of frustrating actually since its been hard to get good fishing days, but am blessed we are here and sitting on top of the nations largest aquifer which is getting rechard so that is always a good thing.

I read where over 60 % of the nation is in Drought conditions right now, thats a scary thought, its time to do a rain dance folks!! For all those in drought areas!

Salmonid

15. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Looks like hurricane Chris is gonna give some of us a bath, just don't know who, and where yet. Jack.

16. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Prayers out from Iowa.

17. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Prayers sent for you. Hang in there; in fact, to all who need it, I'm sending up a special one for you! Rain..and some cooler temps. Thank you, God.

18. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    prayer from texas. hang in there every dry spell is followed by a wet spell.

19. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    PRAYER sent from Beebe AR

20. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    prayers sent from indiana.