Folding Chair Rod Holder

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by jailcop2, Aug 18, 2006.

1. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    My wife told me I had to clean out the garage , I told her it was a good fishing day and I woud'nt have time for that type of thing today. So I was out in the garage trying to figure out where to start when I saw an old folding chair that was ripped and ruined , being the good Catfisherman that I am ,I new there had to be something I could make out of it for bank fishing . So here it is , my dock / bank rod holder . I know it can be refined so feel free . All I did was remove the seat material , all the hardware I deem'd useless . once this is all gone , the frame will unfold completely flat .I bought some plastic forked sticks from Bass Pro under$2.00 ,bent a couple pieces of rod into hooks to hold the rod butt , which are pushed into the ground [ also secures the entire holder] . If I fish from the dock I turn every thing around and just rest the rods on the forked stick. When the bite comes the rod is bent into the extended part of the holder,and with the downward pressure keeps it secure from going into the drink, watch your rod closley though there are no promises . Now if I can get the pictures on here you'll see what I mean.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      18 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      28.2 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      32.3 KB
      Views:
  2. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Here are a couple more pic , one is of the way I use it on a dock.
    Brian

Attached Files:

• 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      27.6 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      25.4 KB
      Views:

3. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    That's a great idea, I love it!!!

4. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Looks pretty good Brian. I like making usfull things out of stuff that would otherwise fill up our landfills. I wonder how easy the rods are to get out once loaded by a fish?

5. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    The rod lay's in the forked stick, all you have to do when your rod loads is either pull the J hok out as you set the hook or swing the rod butt out and clear. Works pretty good.

6. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    For got to say that you can fold it back up , tie a cord to it and throw it over your shoulder to free up your hands .