Flying in to Ontario....help

Discussion in 'Northern Pike Fishing' started by Big Nick, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    I'm making a fly-in fishing trip to Ontario this coming summer. I will be leaving the last day of may for my trip so I will be fishing the first week of June. I have taken this trip before but it was in the middle of the summer. In past years orange, golds, and pinks worked well in regards to colors. I would appreciate the help on what types of lures or more importantly what colors should be used at this time of year? As well, I'm sure the water depth will come into play more at this time of year huh?

2. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    Red and white eppinger dare devil and silver minnows by johson for around weeds if im not mistaken cisco and whiting are prevalent baitfish in that area a nice big wide wobbling spoon should due the trick . Remember the water wolf aint bashful about committing to a bait and figure eight next to the boat if she is following . Good luck on your trip and be safe .

3. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Amy and I went to Neuelton lake(s) up there in Nunavit territory. Some of those little lakes have never even seen a human being! Trust me when I say that litterally anything will work and you WILL absolutly and unequivecably catch some monster fish! The pike were hitting on lake trout baits...It was crazy!! Had our own cabin out on an island and they provided the boat,bait,gas,food...Those places treat you like ROYALTY!! You won't want to go back to civilazation ever again!

4. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    I've done this trip before, just not at this time of year. Thanks for the info and keep it coming!

5. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    We used to go to Canada and fish on Trout Lake in Ontario right after the ice was off the lake. We would catch alot of fish on large rapalas. The perch colored ones and ones with a black back and brown belly seemed to work really well.

6. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    Thanks for the reply

7. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Hi Nick:-

Please give us a FULL report on how you got on when you get back from Canada, ok bud? I'm interested to know how you did, ok?

Tight Lines & Good Luck.