Fly Fishing Section

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing' started by Catfish_Commando, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Fly Fishing section created as per member request.

2. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thanks, as someone who flyfishes for about anything that swims ( carp, Gar, cats included) and do some flyfishing guiding, I will do my best to help any BOC members who are there looking for help!

Took a 5 lb buckeye pike and a 20" largemouth in the last two days on the long rod with a Chartreuse and White Clouser minnow (#2) so while the Kitty fishing hasnt been so good lately, the other species are doing well. Also planning on casting my rope flies this weekend to some Gar, ( Bryan, are you in or not??)

Salmonid

3. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    wow paul thanks!! i've been lookin into flyfishing more and more as a way to get some bait

4. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Blindfly, thats a great way to enjoy catching bait!! Good thinking!

Salmonid

5. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky

.....do you flyfish often???...i just started so im kinda new at it but i really enjoy it!!.....my uncle in florida got me started on it

6. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    THANKS PAUL

thanks for making the fly fishing section:smile2: :smile2:

7. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I thought I was just blind and have been missing the flyfishin section untill I just saw it was just created!:big_smile: Been flyfishing for years. Tye my own flies built a few rods and have done some guiding. I pretty much only flyfish for trout but I will goof around and fish for bass n northerns and sunnies on occasion out of my pond.

8. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Good going Paul, great idea! I am novice at it, though I have owned flyrods most of my life! I think it's an awesome sport and I am really glad to see this section!

9. fourwglenn

fourwglenn New Member

State:
    Ocala,Fla.
  10. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Tanks boss for the section. I have caught chanels on a fly rod out of my lake while bluegill fishng.

11. fourwglenn

fourwglenn New Member

State:
    Ocala,Fla.
    Thanks for the flyfishin threads. I've caught several channels on Bass bugs and foam spiders.
    Glenn

12. crmule

crmule New Member

State:
    Orange City Florida
    Hey fourwglenn I don't have many chickes here in Orange City fl. but I often flip a small fly coated with peanuttbutter to a squirell they eat as good as most of the :lol: stuff we catch on a fly anyway
    be well crmule