FLUORESCENT PAINT.

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by slt, Oct 8, 2009.

1. slt

slt New Member

State:
    kansas
    Has anyone painted tip or front 8" of shakespeare Ugly Stick with fluorescent
    paint for easier visibility.
    What kind of paint to use---model aircraft---hobbie store brand---would also like to use on some cork bobbers for fun with 6yr old grandson this winter.

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Stephen,
    Sit tight, Pete at Wild Wolf Product, one of our BOC sponsors is about to unleash some super duper flourescent paint to do rod tops with pending some tests. Pete says it's the bomb...W

3. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    but is it metalman tested and approved?? :big_smile:

4. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Workin' on it...W

5. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    PLEASE make it in hot pink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I promise I will be your first customer!
    and of course real men wear pink!

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    You can get DOT reflective tape at Walmart, Tractor Supply and similar stores. If you try to wrap 8 inches, you'll probably break the tip, but you can cut it into 1/2 inch strips and wrap them around the rod. It will still flex and the DOT tape is an excellent reflective material.

7. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    "super duper flourescent paint"

For the boat?? Wouldn't that be wild after dark??!!:crazy:

You could tell everybody you were nuclear powered!:wink::smile2:

8. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    That would be AWESOME and talk about boating saftey at night if you didn't see that comming you shouldn't a been on the water anyway, lol.

I always thought that a rod I know you have all seen them with the CLEAR tips like between the last two eyes. If a tip could be designed that LOCKED on somehow but could be snapped off and on but locked on tight enough so you didn't have to worry about it "popping" off when you hook a nice one. Where you could Pop the tip guide off without removing your line and Drop a glow stick actually inside your rod would be a great idea. Maybe somebody with a whole lot more time and money than me, lol, will see this and come up with one and of course give me a couple for the great idea, lol:wink::eek:oooh::smile2:

9. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    if they have hot pink ill want it to do the whole length of my rod! that is if i cant by chance get the rods i want customized in pink

10. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    I have tape on most of mine. It's been there for a few years and it's always there. With a flashlight, I can see them for well over 100yds. I put my headlamp on low and they're visible 25' away. I like sittin away from the rods a bit.

11. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i put glow wraps which is a glow in the dark tape on my poles, shine your light on them a min or two and they glow pretty decent for 20 mins. about the time there done glowin thats about time to check bait anyway and then just hit them with the light again. got mine from catfish connection

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Why not order some glow sticks from Wild Wolf products and not have to fool with the paint at all. Order the small ones and attach with tape.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  13. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    I use a water based flo. orange it looks just like the top of most balsa corks.Plus it comes off easily when needed.I get mine at a hobby store in town and use it with a airbrush.It comes in 4 oz. size and I still have plenty left.You can also get it at eastwoods they use it for automobile instrument restoration.Most cars up until the 80's used the flo. orange on the instrument needles.

14. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I can make it pink for you. Comes in white. but I have a pink Jig that I did in it a month or so back.:wink: Glows just as bright and as long. So I think I can make up a pink kit.:big_smile:
    Pete

15. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Shoot been hearing what were working on. :embarassed: Yes I may have a glow in the dark Lund here before lone.:cool2:
    Working on a kit for the step pads that will make them glow in the dark. What good is a step if you can't see it in the dark?:confused2:
    I have testers working now, I have been testing this stuff for a long while..:eek:oooh: It will drive you crazy at night for the glow... Left a rod leaning up in the bedroom. Everytime I wake up it was glowing. Even lighting up the wall around it.:smile2:
    Jigs I have jigs that have been glowing for months on end. There where they only get indirect light more like normal light in a room. Glows all night long.. Even that pink one..

Kits should be ready to release 19th...:wink: But not ship until the 26th. of this month.:wink::embarassed: I will be fishing all the days between those.:wink:
    Pete

16. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    The flouescent paint Pete is comeing out with is some quality stuff. Im writeing a review tomorrow and all ill say for now is I charged my tips up before I went to bed last night at 11pm and when I woke up at 7am they were still glowing strong.

17. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Guys take is nice. But if you have to shine a lite to find it thats not good.
    This stuff is something as long as its left to get light for a few hours. Will glow all night long.
    Need to see it from 40ft, It works that far. Glow Sticks. I sell them and sure will keep on selling them. But again you have to keep up with them.:sad2: make sure there not dropped or lost. As you get to the fishing spot and did not bring them. Well you get the ideal.
    I was thinking of bank fisherman on this . One more thing you don't have to haul in to your fishing spots. Also its ready when your ready.:wink:
    This stuff is going to be it for lots of people. Always will be people that will not use it. But that is why we have choices.
    Best of luck with what ever you use.
    Pete