Fluorescent Line

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by DuckNurse, Jul 25, 2006.

1. DuckNurse

DuckNurse New Member

State:
    Cape Girardeau, Missouri
    Has anybody tried any of the fluorescent lines while fishing at night? When paired with a blacklight, they are supposed to glow like crazy. I was wondering what would be the best line out there to catfish with? From what I understand, they are marketed more to bass fishermen.

2. Backwater

Backwater New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It works great when fishing from the boat with one rod in your hands. (like ba$$ fishing) However when using rod holders and mutiple rods (like catfishing) it is difficult to keep the lines in the area of the light. I rely on bait clickers and white rods reflecting in the anchor light. I just got off of a 12 hour 2nd shift. I hope this made sense.
    Jeff

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I use berkly big game in solar green, just because I like the color..I dont use a blacklite..I just tape glow sticks to my rods when fishing at night.

4. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    There are a few colors out there that will glow under a blacklight and Berkley Big Game in the solar green glows really good!

Aaron

TA2D

5. Boss Hogg

Boss Hogg New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    Big game solar green is some good line. It really lights up!

6. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I have used stren fourescent yellow for years it glows with any light. they also blueflourescent that i have one a different rod. Never tried a black light. to many bugs gather.

7. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    I use Andes 20 lb. bright green. When I'm using a black light the line looks like its about the size of my little finger. I really like it.

8. Catman 1964

Catman 1964 New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Big Cat Trilene glows really well in a Blacklight.

9. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Trilene flouresant blue glows really well also, looks like a rope under a blacklight.

10. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i've used black-lights for years, love them. i use clear blue fluorescent and big-game solar green. there's a photo of my black-lights. the big one is sweet it's got= tv/radio/snake-light/siren/weather/ black-light lantern. hooks into dvd/vcr/cam-recorder, is 110v/12v/6- c batterys.

11. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I dont care to see my line when fishing.
    The fishing rod and the reel tell the story.