Fluorcarbon line for trout

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by PaCatfishHunter, Oct 19, 2009.

1. PaCatfishHunter

PaCatfishHunter New Member

State:
    Greensburg, PA
    Does anyone fish with Berkley Vanish Fluorcarbon for trout. Do you like it or even like Fluorocarbon line? I found some on sale and picked up some and fished with it today. I use Fluorcarbon leaders a lot with my main line being mono and I like it that way but never spooled the whole reel with it until today. I did real good today catching trout but I just could not cast it at all. I was casting it out about a ¼ of what the distance I usually cast it out with mono line. Maybe I need to work it out a little bit more but if I can’t cast it then I am going back to mono on my main line for my trout setups.

2. Mutt84

Mutt84 New Member

State:
    Alaska
    Like you James I have only ever used fluorocarbon as leader material. Always wanted to spool a whole reel with it but wasn't sure. I'll tell you I love Ande premium clear for Trout, Smallmouth and Walleye. It has very little memory it is soft but tough and cast a mile. For the quality it is reasonably priced. BPS sells it.

3. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA
    i use it All the time.. i dont do trout fishing but i do Steelhead Fish Alot.. 4 lb seagar vanish the way to go.. you wont be dissapointed :smile2:

4. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I use fluro leaders for the steel,but don,t like it for main line.It just seems too kinky when it gets really cold out.I tried some 10# spiderwire with 2# diameter last year too,used a fluro leader with that too,but it didn,t work out,too many wind knots!:wink:

5. saros2500

saros2500 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    i've been using p-line fluoroclear. it's a monofilament coated with fluoro. i love it so far. seems really supple and smooth

6. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    have done really well with the vanish on erie smallmouths and steelheads. works for trout too. never had problems with it casting wise. always wanted to try the seaguar stuff though.

7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I use only flourocarbon line when steelhead, trout, and salmon fishing. It really pays off to fork out the extra money and but flourocarbon because, trust me, you WILL get more bites using flouro.

Don't waste your money on the Berkeley crap, buy Seagar Flourocarbon.:cool2:

8. What about that s.o.s 2lb line guys, that has worked good for me. I even used it for small mouth fishing too.

9. mattr

mattr New Member

State:
    PA
    2 lb flouro for trout